IT Business Partner - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF8095
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Alshaya is a diverse business – with a store and restaurant network of over 3,500 units and head office functions spanning finance, HR, property, IT and more working across multiple MENA markets. This fast-paced and diverse business environment provides unique challenges. In addition to this is the continued expansion of the business and the need for divisions such as IT to change, develop and stay ahead to better serve both our customers and our internal stakeholders.
The IT Business partner will act as the main point of entry for his division with IT. As such he will embed himself deeply into the division strategy and plans to be able to translate them into relevant roadmaps and modern systems, leveraging the IT ecosystem and expertise to help create stable, mutualized and rationalized architectures across divisions. He will also act as a subject matter expert for his domain to support other ITBPs when relevant.
Reporting to the IT Business Partnership director and working with enterprise solutions, enterprise architecture, IT strategy, project management office and service managers, the ITBP will own all incoming demands from his stakeholders and be responsible to get them considered by the investment committee.
- 10 + years of relevant experience working across multiple projects or domains, ideally with both IT and business knowledge of that area
- Familiar with business analysis methodology, business process definition and associated documentation, project delivery phases and program/project governance
- Used to working in a complex operating environment within a business undergoing transformational technology enabled business change
- Understanding of End to End Change Management and Architecture
- Experience of working in a pressured, time-bound project environment
- Experience of working within a customer orientated function and supporting transformation within this area
- Proven experience in working with a variety of stakeholders from different organisational levels and functions to achieve successful project outcomes
- Retail or service sector experience preferred
- Exposure to embedding culture change
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders for a transformation program
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the business to create the relevant roadmaps and project to support their strategy, helping them design their requirements and introducing them with innovating players in the market.
- Work hand in hand with stakeholders to create relevant and comprehensive requirements for each project.
- Study each demand to dispatch it to relevant IT entities
- Create relevant documentation to initiate new projects and take them through the approval process, with the help of SMEs.
- Partner with Vendor management to source 3rd party vendor when relevant and conduct RFIs.
- Be accountable for project conformity to business requirements
- Measure benefits for projects against business cases
- Manage portfolio of demands and projects to give transparency to the business on ther progress
- Own the process mapping documentation for all existing and new activities
- Communicate regularly with his stakeholders to give them update and get priorities
- Be the SME of his domain to support other ITBPs when needed.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend