Data Governance Manager - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7318
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
As a Data Governance Manager at Alshaya, you would be responsible for Data governance execution and follow through with business. You would be the first point of contact for business w.r.t. data quality, structure, integrity & quality standards, procedures & methodology. A Key contributor to solutioning data quality & integrity and providing tangible actionable inputs that can be incorporated into the existing business procedures.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in similar field.
- Deep functional & analytical understanding of business domains (core retail ; logistics; HRMS; etc.)
- Knowledge of data sources in business processes.
- Functional experience/ credible understanding of our AS-IS or TO-BE state of business processes and logic (either one).
- Technical strength in any of the technologies in use in our TO-BE would be advantageous.
- Past experience of having been part of or been responsible for execution of governance rules.
- Experience of training user base & knowledge transfer is desirable.
- Co-ordinate with Business SMEs (1 SME for each brand recommended)
- Use DvSum tool for profiling the source data and conduct data discovery and workshops for identifying data quality opportunities and requirements
- Co-ordinate within Alshaya to do impact analysis and facilitate decision on whether data can be fixed at source or has to be fixed in staging
- Co-ordinate cleansing of data in source or in staging (where cleansing is not part of migration rules already)
- Co-ordinate collection of orphan data that is required for migration or enrichment
- Ensure appropriate SME input & endorsement to define the logic for transforming orphan data and its use for enrichment
- Co-ordinate the management of orphan data in staging (like Hierarchy mapping)
Long term responsibilities
- Co-ordinate development of the on-going data governance processes to be incorporated into business processes for data entities post migration.
- Identify & communicate data quality & integrity issues.
- Play role of trainer to train business data owners on using DvSum for on-going data management or alternative tool as per decisions.
- Ensure continuous improvement of data governance and alignment to business changes & expansions.
- Ensure complete alignment with EA & SA across technologies & applications at all times for data governance framework & standards.
- Data quality rules that integrate into business processes & procedures.
- Cleansed orphan data not in systematic sources
- Cleansed source data for migration.
- Report all elements & activities within application/ infrastructure of organization or from Host brands impacting Data management & governance procedures.
- Knowledge transfer to business w.r.t. governance procedures & where they merge / impact business processes.
- Involved/facilitator in cross business unit resolution of data definition, production, and usage issues.
- Escalating well-documented issues to the strategic level with or without recommendation.
- Documenting data classification rules, compliance rules, and business rules for data
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend