T&D Performance Enablement Manager - HR - Kuwait
Job no: MRF11461
Kuwait Head Office
From strategic guidance to supporting the day-to-day needs of managers and employees, the Human Resources Division drives best practice across the Alshaya business. HR is segmented across generalist and specialist functions including HR services, recruitment and talent management. These are just some of the teams that support over 120 nationalities working across multiple brands and geographies. Our continued growth and expansion can only be achieved by recruiting, training and nurturing the best global talent. That’s what we do.
Responsible for the successful delivery of performance management initiatives and build practices and policies to manage & support underperformers and recognize the exceptional ones. ensuring ongoing analysis & enhancements to support business needs and follow best practices that suits the nature of the organization.
In addition to providing on-going support to talent development initiatives including succussion planning & talent pools.
Accountabilities (but not limited to):
Performance & Goals Management:
- Oversee the execution of the corporate Performance Management processes across all Alshaya markets.
- Utilize the current systems to maintain a ‘customer friendly’ performance management process that is seen as fair and transparent.
- Establish Performance measurement criteria to help managers and employees conduct meaningful performance conversations that support the development of the employee.
- Work with internal stakeholders across divisions and functions to embed a culture of continuous feedback on employee performance and development needs.
- Work closely with the internal communication team to develop communication plans for the mid-year review and year-end review and other activities throughout the year.
- Ensure annual goals are properly set and cascaded.
Employee & Line Manager Support:
- Design support materials that enable employees and their line managers in their performance review practices.
- Design content and deliver training to employees on How to manage performance throughout the year.
- Provide support to HR Business Partners as subject matter experts in navigating the effect use of tools provided in the Performance Management System, to meet their customers’ needs.
Information & Data management:
- Collect and analyze performance review outcomes across Functions and Divisions, providing key recommendations & meaningful reports to key stakeholders.
- Design infographics/presentations and summaries of findings and trends.
- Identify areas of concern and need for change based on data analysis of Performance Reviews results (collaborating with the HRBPs)
- Establish measurements to evaluate the quality of performance reviews and identify trends by market/division/brand, etc.
- Provide information to Total Rewards with data linked to Performance based rewarding as required.
- Provide support to Internal Audit when conducting audit related to Performance results.
- Work closely with the rest of the Talent Development function to ensure the performance management process provides developmental and career guidance as well as adding value to the succession planning process.
- As identified, design tools aligned to the performance management process to assess readiness for career movement.
- Constantly review the process against external best practice and customer feedback to provide a ‘best fit’ process to the business.
- Manage projects focused on the improvement of Performance Management systems.
- Provide feedback to system providers on any identified issues.
- Implement system updates and UATs as required by system suppliers if seen as being beneficial to the business.
- Supervision of direct team members and collaboration with peers within the function and the wider HR division.
- Bachelors degree.
- Arabic language: Preferred.
- English language: Required (fluent or advanced level).
- Use of technology: Expert to intermediate level.
- General Abilities: Analytical, Problem solving, Systems savvy, Ability to demonstrate high standards of customer service and accountability. Leadership capabilities and ability to manage resources, ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Minimum on the job experience: 6 Years’ Experience in Human Resources Function, 3-4 Years within Talent Development (Performance).
Required Knowledge and competencies:
- Adaptability: Can respond flexibility to customer requests enabling the organisation to get the most from the solutions available.
- Customer Orientation: Understands customer needs and can coach them to provide expert advice.
- Communication skills: Work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organisation at all levels.
- Analytical skills: Interrogate data, draw meaningful insights and be able to present clear and impactful analysis.
- Measure the effectiveness of solutions: Experienced in measuring key inputs and outputs, able to understand how impact is achieved through their solutions.
- System: Advanced experience in the use of Performance Management Systems.
- High level design of performance enablement solutions: Development of solutions for performance enablement – looking at the individual, team, and organizational context.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication: Works as a trusted partner with senior leaders, HRBPs, OD&TR and T&D COE.
- Managing platforms and deploying tools: Facilitates enterprise-wide key practices.
- Team leadership and capability building: Leads direct team of performance enablement specialists, accountable for the upskilling of the team.
- Active member of the Alshaya HR Community: Passionate advocate and role model for within the wider HR community – active sponsor for performance enablement in the business, recognised T&D champion.
- Vendor and budget management: Responsible for the budget management and vendor management related to performance enablement solutions.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend