Procurement Coordinator - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6687
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
As a Purchasing Coordinator you should buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
You will create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure good is high quality and delivered on time.
- Experience of working within the Domain areas, ideally with IT.
- 2-3 years Proven work experience as a Purchasing Coordinator or similar role
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
- Good knowledge of market research & vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and purchasing software (e.g. Oracle)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- BSc / Business Administration or relevant field
- Strong across the Microsoft office suite, incl. MS Visio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Efficient content capture - ability to accurately & consistently capture content, particularly business requirements
- Active listening skills and strong influencing skills
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend