Senior Project Manager - Logistics - UAE
Job no: 2798942
Dubai Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
A senior project manager you will be accountable for the Project Management component of the Corporate Logistics function from concept to completion in accordance with Company Policy and agreed objectives. Work within approved budget agreed time scale and quality requirements.
Key Performance Areas :
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements, implement project deliverable and provide project status updates to enable the Logistics Project team to expand into new markets, improve process and systems, on board new brands through feasibility studies, strategy development, operational support and controlled project management.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Develop long lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder relationships.
- Define account-abilities, work scope, and targets for each team member
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Initiate and maintain key contracts.
- Forecast likely business benefits and track success of project
- Use expertise in logistics and supply chain to assess and evaluate the best solutions
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and provide effective solutions to mitigate, resolve or enhance
- age projects within Logistics from concept to completion in accordance with Company
- Accountable for the delivery of multiple projects/programs from inception through implementation, including planning, risk, cost and benefit management.
- Must have significant experience of managing complex projects from inception through implementation in challenging environments.
- Background in a senior role within an international shipping, logistics or retail supply chain business (operational management is beneficial but not essential)
- Evidence of strong relationship building skills that enables robust and effective stakeholder management.
- Experience of managing and developing specialist project teams that can operate in matrix environment
Skills & Requirements :
- Certificate in project management or Prince 2
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 5 years experience
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend