Senior Health & Safety Specialist - Loss Prevention - Kuwait
Job no: MRF9571
Kuwait Head Office
Our Loss Prevention team works across all divisions, brands and geographies, to protect profit and reduce losses. Working pro-actively, following lines of investigation as well as providing insight and recommendations to divisions, our loss prevention team works across brands and regions giving them valuable exposure to a range of sectors and environments that ultimately deliver bottom line value to the business.
We are looking for candidates with at least Five years’ health and safety experience across multiple sites to manage and reduce H&S risk across our 700+ locations. You will take geographical responsibility for the implementation of strategic initiatives and the delivery of operational outputs as dictated by the H&S Annual Plan. As a Health & Safety Professional, you will work across all Alshaya divisions ensuring the safety and security of employees, customers and visitors through structured and formalized risk assessments, prevention measures, employee training programmers, policy and procedure development.
This will include:
- Undertaking detailed and professional investigations identifying root-cause analysis, remedial actions and role / individual specific action plans to ensure remedial action recommendations are addressed in full
- Conducting H&S reviews and fire risk sssessments for all locations including stores, offices, restaurants and warehouses
- Be responsible for all aspects of fire precautions and preventive maintenance for fire control.
- Assisting and delivering training.
- Monitor the environmental conditions for staff and customers, evaluating and mitigating risk while implementing safety and security programs.
- Write, produce and manage Health and Safety reports, training and programs when needed.
- Act as main point of contact for admin and facilitate and support the Health and Safety team in MENA region
- Review and analyse reports and data to understand and communicate risks and drive activity
- Monitor and keep up to date the accident/incident reporting system
Qualifications and Requirements:
You will have:
• At least 5 years' experience in health & safety and/or civil protection
• NEBOSH certification or equivalent –M.A. in civil protection desirable
• Knowledge of fire and security systems, emergency evacuation procedures and alarms
• A proactive approach to identifying and mitigating risk.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Analyse various company data, systems and reports to identify incidents and accidents trends
- Compile and review data collected from various sources
- Produce evidence and support for accident investigations
- Highlight key areas of risk based on data and information
- Review and monitor accident/incident reporting system daily
- Conduct follow-up research on accidents and incident
- Investigate and compile information for H&S teams
- Produce necessary reporting for Sr Management
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Maintain high level of ethics and confidentiality
- Foster teamwork and collaborative environment to meet objectives
- Must be able to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Additional tasks may be added as determined by senior management
- Health and Safety experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excel (Formula/Format/Pivot) essential
- Working with retail systems
- IT Background
- Loss prevention/finance experience
- Working with data management programs
- Excellent time management
- Interacts well with all levels and in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior writing, analytical and communication skills
- Able to multitask and complete projects on time, often on a tight deadline
A 30 minute online Microsoft excel test will be conducted as part of the interview process, where you will be asked to create formulas to produce reports, format the report and create pivot tables
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend