Shipping Coordinator - Logistics - Egypt
Job no: 578080
Egypt Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for coordinating shipments of stock, working with brand teams, internal cross functional teams and shipping suppliers to efficiently move stock to the desired locations in line with brand requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the shipping administration process, including the up keep of accurate records, consolidation of reports, and cataloguing of all shipping data.
- Prepare weekly reports on the status of incoming shipments.
- Check costs from freight forwarders and clearing agents against approved rates.
- Continuously track shipment progress and communicate delays, working closely with the Shipping Supervisor to address any shipment issues.
- Advise merchandisers and distribution centers of incoming shipments.
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have/be:
- Experience working in a coordination or administration role - preferably within shipping, logistics or supply chain departments.
- High school/secondary school certificate.
- PC Literate, with a good working knowledge of Office tools.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Egypt Daylight Time
Application close: Egypt Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend