Career Planning & Succession Manager - HR - Kuwait
Job no: MRF11535
Kuwait Head Office
From strategic guidance to supporting the day-to-day needs of managers and employees, the Human Resources Division drives best practice across the Alshaya business. HR is segmented across generalist and specialist functions including HR services, recruitment and talent management. These are just some of the teams that support over 120 nationalities working across multiple brands and geographies. Our continued growth and expansion can only be achieved by recruiting, training and nurturing the best global talent. That’s what we do.
Accountable for developing the internal talent mobility for the organization to ensure we have an effective talent bench strength to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
Accountabilities (but not limited to):
Building a strong long-term bench of talent for our most critical roles by identifying skill and capability gaps and opportunities. Providing strategic performance consulting on solving talent supply with skill building solutions.
- Career planning services to map and develop the network of roles and experiences that can mobilize talent.
- Succession management to actively navigate the career pathways supporting the acceleration of talent, working with OD to design structures that facilitate growth and mobility.
- Plan, lead, monitor, and track multi-level talent reviews to develop strong bench of talent for most critical roles across divisions and functions.
- Drive thought leadership on best methods to develop capabilities.
- Lead on redesign of enterprise talent planning processes, including designing toolkits. Provide thought leadership on talent. planning, executive assessments, and succession. Review, debrief, and consult on assessments (e.g., 360s and Hogan Personality Assessment) for leaders.
- Providing employees with leadership, coaching, mentoring, training and performance management to ensure team effectiveness and productivity.
- Establishing staffing levels within the department, and ensuring all employees are appropriately selected, motivated, and retained.
- Bachelors degree. CIPD qualified desired.
- Competent user of office software, confident understanding of talent systems.
- Collaboration, problem solving influencing and stakeholder management.
- 7 years with HR learning /talent development, minimum of 3 years in talent management. Experience of senior executive career planning and succession an advantage.
Competencies – Functional (job specific):
- Adaptability: Can respond flexibility to customer requests enabling the organisation to get the most from the development solutions available.
- Customer Orientation: Understands customer needs and can coach them to provide expert advice.
- Analytics and insights: Working with detailed information and numerical data to identify insights, alternative solutions and recommendation; presents data it in a way that is easily understood.
- Communication and influence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present and position new ideas, initiatives, and gain buy-in and support.
- Strategic thinking: Think strategically about talent and ask difficult questions to get to the right talent outcome.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to build effective relationships as a trusted partner.
- High level design of career pathways and succession visualisation: Development of solutions for career and succession – looking at the individual, team, and organizational context.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication: Works as a trusted partner with senior leaders, HRBPs and T&D COE.
- Managing talent reviews and succession planning workshops: Facilitates key practices aimed at top 700 with focus on Band B and C.
- Team leadership and capability building: Leads direct team of career planning specialists, accountable for the upskilling of the team.
- Active member of the Alshaya Learning Community: Passionate advocate and role model for career development within the wider learning community – active sponsor for developing other, recognised T&D champion.
- Vendor and budget management: Responsible for the budget management and vendor management related to career planning and succession visualisation solutions.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend