T&D Senior Assessment & Frameworks Manager - HR - Kuwait
Job no: MRF11514
Kuwait Head Office
From strategic guidance to supporting the day-to-day needs of managers and employees, the Human Resources Division drives best practice across the Alshaya business. HR is segmented across generalist and specialist functions including HR services, recruitment and talent management. These are just some of the teams that support over 120 nationalities working across multiple brands and geographies. Our continued growth and expansion can only be achieved by recruiting, training and nurturing the best global talent. That’s what we do.
Manage the development & execution of the assessment frameworks for the organization to ensure we have an effective talent bench strength to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
Accountabilities (but not limited to):
Assessing managers and leaders, including executives, through the provision of identifying potential and talent assessment and development centres and through other objective assessment methodologies.
Design and delivery of competency frameworks, with principal expertise in psychometrics and behavioural assessments to inform career planning, succession management, and leadership development.
- Owns the assessment capability related to how we identify for performance and potential, how we identify capability gaps.
- Develops the frameworks and profiles to define the success criteria for roles and leadership layers related to performance and potential.
- Provides consultations services to map and develop the framework of assessment for roles and experiences that can mobilize talent.
- Designs assessments that enable career pathways supporting the acceleration of talent, working with OD to design structures that facilitate growth and mobility.
- Plan, lead, monitor, and track assessments of talent for most critical roles across divisions and functions.
- Drive thought leadership on best methods to develop capabilities.
- Contributes to the design for executive assessments. Review, debrief, and consult on assessments (e.g., 360s and Hogan Personality Assessment) for leaders.
- Providing employees with leadership, coaching, mentoring, training and performance management to ensure team effectiveness and productivity.
- Establishing staffing levels within the department, and ensuring all employees are appropriately selected, motivated, and retained.
- Bachelors degree, relevant masters level 7 qualification in Organisational Psychology.
- CIPD qualified desired.
- Fluent in English.
- Competent user of office software, confident understanding of assessment platforms.
- Experienced in HR analytics, natural collaborator, change agent, problem solving influencing and stakeholder management.
- Minimum on the job experience: 7 years with HR, minimum of 3 years in assessment frameworks. Qualified Level A&B psychometrics. Experience of senior executive career planning and succession an advantage.
Competencies – Functional (job specific):
- Adaptability: Can respond flexibility to customer requests enabling the organisation to get the most from the assessment solutions available.
- Customer Orientation: Understands customer needs and can coach them to provide expert advice.
- Assessment skills: Able to assess senior team B-D.
- Communication & presentation skills: Effective presenter, experienced running assessment centres.
- Questioning skills: Effective in questioning to diagnose needs.
- Coaching & Mentoring skills: Good coaching skills, able to mentor colleagues.
- Measure the effectiveness of solutions: Experienced in measuring key inputs and outputs, able to understand how impact is achieved through their solutions.
- Interpersonal skills: Able to build effective relationships as a trusted partner.
- High level design of assessment and framework solutions: Development of solutions for assessment and frameworks – looking at the individual, team, and organizational context.
- Stakeholder engagement and communication: Works as a trusted partner with senior leaders, HRBPs and T&D COE.
- Managing platforms and administering assessments: Facilitates key practices aimed at top 700 with focus on Band B and C.
- Team leadership and capability building: Leads direct team of assessment and framework specialists, accountable for the upskilling of the team.
- Active member of the Alshaya Learning Community: Passionate advocate and role model for career development within the wider learning community – active sponsor for developing other, recognised T&D champion.
- Vendor and budget management: Responsible for the budget management and vendor management related to assessment and frameworks solutions.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend