Senior Specialist-T&D Deployment - HR - Egypt
Job no: 574223
Egypt Head Office
From strategic guidance to supporting the day-to-day needs of managers and employees, the Human Resources Division drives best practice across the Alshaya business. HR is segmented across generalist and specialist functions including HR services, recruitment and talent management. These are just some of the teams that support over 120 nationalities working across multiple brands and geographies. Our continued growth and expansion can only be achieved by recruiting, training and nurturing the best global talent. That’s what we do.
To train and develop the mandatory knowledge and necessary skills for various divisions of Alshaya Businesses. To craft a cohesive learning and development plan for new Joiners at various levels to ensure efficient execution of talent and development interventions of various roles leading to business productivity.
Accountabilities (but not limited to):
Onboarding & Induction
- To ensure every employee joins the stores / Support Functions getting the Group Induction program as required.
- To help store managers with the sign off for every new hire on-job learning (1month plan) in the store
- To accurately report trained new hires vs joined and OJT completion by working with Line Managers and report any misconduct to T&D Manager/ HR Manager for corrective action.
- Do a rigorous follow up on 30/60/90 cycle.
Training and developing Divisional teams
- Identifying the training & developmental needs of various businesses, developing formal educational or training programs or classes in a form of quarterly learning calendar, and teaching or instructing others.
- To Communicate with the training coordinators all the needs for every session, to have a smooth training environment
- To deliver the Training programs assigned to him/her in their calendar following the standard facilitator guidelines in the stores
- To create an engaging learning environment for his/her audience where they will enjoy the training and take on the challenges
- To collect observations, feedback and recommendations from training sessions and report them to L&D Manager
- To create a training session attendee interactivity report to be sent to be reviewed by L&D Manager through LMS portal
Coaching & On the job training – Various Business Functions
- Identifying the developmental needs of retail staff and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping them to improve their knowledge or skills in their respective zones.
- To observe and provide constructive feedback, and give a realistic and achievable practice to follow to improve performance.
- To discuss with the store manager the support required from him/her towards their employees to help them achieve their job goals.
- Develop in Store Coaches for enforcing learning culture inside the store.
Content Development & Instructional Designing
- To produce timely content as per the TNA and as per the business requirement.
- To ensure the usage of various content development methods and tools for maximum impact and effective training delivery.
- To facilitate and design E-learning modules for the target audience. Use a blend of audio , visual learning methods.
Productivity – Performance Improvement Plans to enhance productivity
- To assess the progress of retail staff’ job productivity after role based training programs such as mandatory learning, and provide feedback for maximum effectiveness & efficiency with well-defined business results.
- To link training delivery to predefined individual & business results and maximize the impact of learning
Administration – Learning Reporting
- To complete reporting of all the training activities conducted on a daily basis, in addition to posting the plans and submission of records on Trainers portal on a regular basis without any deviation.
- Preparation of all the required training plan / materials and activities one week in advance and communicate the same to respective stores.
Qualifications and General Abilities:
- Graduate (Bachelor degree with HR Specialization) / HR certifications, L&D Diploma.
- Arabic language: Native (for KSA hiring) & Nationalized territories.
- English language: Intermediate high (read, write, and speak).
- Use of technology: Microsoft Office with professional level, excellent in spreadsheets, database, work and PPT and using e-learning management systems, Video editing software’s an added advantage.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematical Ability - Retail mathematical notions.
- Minimum on the job experience: At least 6+ years’ training experience in learning design and delivery. Essential retail experience preferable worked in Retail, Hospitality& entertainment operations. Ability to design and deliver content for various divisional Employees.
Competencies – Functional (job specific):
- Identify and employ training techniques per individual learning styles
- Full understanding of group dynamic, and how to create a learning environment
- Ability to facilitate a healthy discussion leading to productive outcomes
- Ability to manage & deliver service to the key stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct full range of training activities, like role plays, games, discussions, activities, and simulations in a professional and interesting manner for all types of training programs
- Grouping and managing delegates appropriately to maximize learning opportunities
- Using a selection of different methods to encourage learners to take responsibility for learning
- Monitoring group dynamics and make appropriate interventions
- Adoption of highly flexible approach to find different ways of achieving learning objectives
Communication & personal skills
- Express ideas, concepts and explanations clearly and effectively
- Verbally communicate precisely, clearly, and audibly using inflection
- Structure and present content and material effectively making appropriate use of emerging technologies and all resources
- Reinforce and check understanding of the key points from the intervention
- Use a variety of standard questioning types to aid learning
- Handle learner questions appropriately and effectively
- Use reflective questioning to get the delegate to take responsibility for learning
- Use active listening techniques
Coaching & Counseling skills:
- Recognition and resolution of knowledge and skill gaps
- Encouraging and motivate employees to aspire to reach their top potential
- Creation of appropriate environment for counselling
- Equipment with multiple coaching models and methodologies
Measure the effectiveness of T&D Interventions
- Ability to link training programs with realistic job related outcomes
- Ability to communicate job progress of his/her trainees to the Training Manager
- Maintain healthy communication with the stakeholders
- Live by Alshaya group’s core values
- Class room Training Delivery: Identifying the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing retail staff.
- Store Visits – On the Job training: Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills in the store.
- Duration of a typical work week: Working hours: as per office timing to comply to net 8 working hours per day excluding the lunch break and prayer time. 80% of the time present in the assigned stores in his/her region/territory Coaching à 10% of that time performing administration tasks in the store. 10% of the time in class room delivery.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates: Providing information & development feedback to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Scope of work: Every T&D Deployment member will be assigned to a well-defined list of locations, Stores, & # of retail staff.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Egypt Standard Time
Application close: Egypt Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend