Test Engineer (Oracle RMS) - IT - Kuwait
Job no: TEORMSKW
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
- A “hands-on” technical role with a focus on quality.
- With a clear understanding of Systems and Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and standards, Testers are highly proficient in designing test suites and in using various testing techniques.
- Requires flexibility, accuracy, and a strong sense of ownership.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Analyse requirements and the test data needs.
- Create test cases, scripts, and traceability matrix.
- Run the defect triage calls effectively with the support of Lead/manager.
- Coordinate with the development teams (including vendor) to ensure that
- Help analyse the impact of the change on the system and identify regression test cases.
- Execute the test cases manually/automated.
- Present test-case walk-through.
- Following the required set standards
- Analysing the testing results and submitting the report to the development team
- Ensure that the testing is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
- Ensure that test-product documentation is complete
- Focus on continuous testing improvements
- Responsibility for the maintenance of QA environments across products, working closely with the delivery teams to define an optimal solution for each platform.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong experience in RMS/ReSA/ReIm/RPM is a must
- Experience working in matrix organizations within an international organisation.
- Experience working with distributed and offshore IT organizations would be advantageous
- Retail and Warehouse management experience would be advantageous.
- Good experience working on the Atlassian test management toolsets such as Zephyr, X-ray, TM4J, QTM4J
- Solid functional knowledge on the Oracle based Retail applications
- Strong understanding of batch job testing across the environments.
- Have a strong working experience in managing the System Integration test phase.
- Should be proficient in driving the testing efforts across the multiple projects.
- Should work closely with the automation team and help automate the test cases.
- Strong hands-on deriving test metrics via means of tools/excel.
- Testing Certified preferable (CSTE/ISTQB/ISEB).
- A Professional, mature in approach, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong analytical and testing skills
- Able to communicate with all levels of management, team, vendors, and peers within the organization.
- Flexible in approach.
- A mindset of pragmatism and customer centricity applied to decision making
- Well structured, delivery focused and driven.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend