Procurement Supervisor - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF11354
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
About the Role :
As a Procurement Supervisor your responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) It also entails buying products essential for the company's day to day operations, reviewing prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels. You would simultaneously create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
Job Requirements and skills :
• Proven experience as a purchasing agent or relevant role
• Demonstrable experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions
• Knowledge of market research, data analysis and purchasing best practices
• Working knowledge of MS excel, PowerBI and purchasing software (e.g. Oracle Fusion)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A strong analytical mindset
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diploma/ BBA /B Com
• Research potential vendors
• Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services (PI & PO)
• Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
• Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
• Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
• Track regional orders and ensure timely delivery
• Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations (Quarterly)
• Review quality of purchased products
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases (PO)
• Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
• Identify and address discrepancies
• Distribute project-related copies to internal teams
• Consolidation of the requirement – MENA
• Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
• Tracking ISP and renewal of software’s
• Initiating RFT tenders for new projects
• Verification of invoices in Omniflow
• Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable
• Organize records of invoices, bills and deposits
• Lead teams in absence of Manager
• Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
• Respond to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email or chat
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend