Senior Manager - IT - UAE
Job no: 569190
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Experience: 9 to 16 years
This role will be responsible for the successful delivery of multiple concurrent projects with the key aim of ensuring an appropriate level of quality assurance, stakeholder satisfaction and team collaboration. The role will also operate with a significant degree of autonomy and be expected to manage projects and resolve emerging situations using own initiative.
The role requires a strong working knowledge of eCommerce and associated web/app technologies (particularly Magento/Adobe Commerce, Acquia Drupal), backed by practical experience of choosing and implementing appropriate aspects of Agile such as SCRUM depending on the situation.
- eCommerce and mobility domain knowledge
Agile Project Management
- Magento Digital Commerce, Acquia Digital CMS, Drupal, Order Management System
- Masters from Top B Schools with 10+ yrs of experience in Program or Project management in Ecommerce/Retail in a corporate environment.
- Relevant project management qualifications (AGILE, SCRUM etc) or equivalent experience.
- Tactical experience in the construction, launch, and management of eCommerce sites within a respected web property with a proven track record of maximizing site activity and conversion.
- Knowledge of standard technical requirements and practices surrounding eCommerce
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of projects and features for ecommerce and mobility with varying degrees of complexity and business priority, ensuring a high quality of work along the way from all teams involved.
- Ensuring that all dependencies are flagged to engineering team and continuously tracking the progress and delivering the eCommerce and mobility roadmap.
- Manage cross functional dependencies within domains, foundational and business critical initiatives with basic technical understanding, providing leadership and awareness around Schedule, Scope and Budget
- Take part in technical discussions and act as a buffer between the development team and the business
- Collaborate with geographically distributed teams, onshore development teams and third-party vendors
- Take projects from planning and discovery phases, through post go-live stabilization and process improvement.
- Perform risk management to help pre-empt future issues and mitigate against scope creep
- Secure commitment for change initiatives to ensure project success through complete adoption
- Ensure project milestones are completed according to budget and schedule
- Create all project documentation, flows, presentations, training guides and reporting
- Provide strong cross-functional team leadership and project oversight to global teams, including vendors, downstream third parties and customer resources.
- Good communication skills and relationship management and proven ability to communicate at all organisational levels.
- Ability to work in dynamic environment with changing goal posts and responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of the software development process, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly, then iterating on the experience
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels from engineers to Director and Vice Presidents.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep into understanding the business problem space, technical solution space and defining the optimal target state and execution/delivery model to deliver results.
- Guide critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent follow-through and timely responsiveness
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and excelling in a dynamic and fast paced environment with critical deadlines to meet
- Highly motivated with a passion for driving operational business change
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend