Test Lead - IT - UAE
Job no: 569187
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Experience: 8 to 15 years
Role Profile: Functional Test Lead role is a critical role within the Testing organisation primarily responsible for Analysis, planning and coordinating the testing activities in the SIT/E2E phase.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 9-11 years of testing experience with minimum 2 years into test lead role working in a multi-vendor programme or from the Retail product based organisation.
- Strong functional knowledge on the Retail domains (Core Retail engine, Supply Chain and Logistics, Loyalty).
- Must have experience in managing a team of both vendor as well as the parent organisation.
- Working experience in a Testing-CoE model.
- Strong working experience in contributing and defining the Test management (engineering and governance) process.
- Good experience working on the Atlassian test management toolsets such as Zephyr, Xray, TM4J, QTM4J
- Solid functional knowledge on the Oracle based Retail applications, JDA, IBM-OMS solutions.Have a strong working experience in leading the System Integration test phase and exercising the test management process.
- Should be proficient in driving the testing efforts across the multiple projects.
- Should have capability to understand the automation needs within the team and able to help facilitate it in alignment with the Test automation framework.
- Good to have exposure across the Omnichannel based products i.e.Web, mobile web, Mobile native/hybrid App.
- Good to have hands on experience in deriving test metrics via means of tools/excel.
- Testing Certified preferable (CSTE/ISTQB/ISEB).
Key Performance Areas
- Analyse the Requirements and ensure that they are non-ambiguous, prioritised and are ready to test.
- Estimate the efforts using the test estimation model from Agile/Waterfall perspective and create/maintain the testing schedule.
- Identify the testing dependencies, issues and risks and help facilitate the same.
- Ensures that the quality gate (entry/exit) criterias are defined, implemented and governed.
- Create/Maintain the test artifacts such as Test Plan/Test Exit report and walkthrough the stakeholders and attain sign off.
- Triage the defects, monitor and Control the testing schedule and deliverable quality with the help of metrics.
- Identify the appropriate test coverage and supporting test data to help execute the test cases.
- Review the test artefacts created by the subordinates and support them with the handson activity whenever needed
- Help ensure that the test cases associated the systems he/she will be responsible for are been automated to minimum 80% of the test coverage and even the non-functional tests are performed.
- Help diagnose the issues with the testing environment and provide inputs to create/maintain the same.
- Support the team members in reviewing and ensuring the appropriate test coverage and supporting test data to help execute the test cases.
- Plan and delivery the automation deliverables for the responsible project.
- Measure the testing metrics regularly by working closely with the test manager.
- Lead the team and keep them motivated to achieve the daily targets and help achieve extra mile.
- Provide regular feedback to the team on their performance.
- Work closely with the test managers and leadership to help achieve the team goals.
- Take regular initiatives in improvising the testing process on better, cheaper and faster basis
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend