Senior Test Engineer - IT - UAE
Job no: 569186
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Experience: 6 to 12 years
- A “hands-on” technical role with a focus on quality.
- With a clear understanding of Systems and Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and standards, Testers are highly proficient in designing test suites and in using various testing techniques.
- Requires flexibility, accuracy and a strong sense of ownership.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have 6-8 years of Software testing experience and must have a solid knowledge of Testing fundamentals and its application.
- Retail and Warehouse management experience is required.
- Preferred to have the functional knowledge on the Oracle based Retail applications, JDA, IBM-OMS solutions.
- Should have good understanding on the Automation testing and its tools such as Selenium, TOSCA, RestAssured.
- Good knowledge on any of the OOPS programme language such as Java, Python, RoR, etc.
- Have implemented and worked on different automation frameworks.
- Good experience working on the Atlassian test management toolsets such as Zephyr, Xray, TM4J, QTM4J.
- Solid functional knowledge on the Oracle based Retail applications
- Strong understanding of batch job testing across the environments.
- Have a strong working experience in managing the System Integration test phase.
- Should be proficient in driving the testing efforts across the multiple projects.
- Should work closely with the automation team and help automate the test cases.
- Good to have exposure across the Omnichannel based products i.e.Web, mobile web, Mobile native/hybrid App.
The below Key Performance Areas:
- Analyse requirements and the test data needs.
- Create test cases, scripts and traceability matrix.
- Run the defect triage calls effectively with the support of Lead/manager.
- Coordinate with the development teams (including vendor) to ensure that
- Help analyse the impact of the change on the system and identify regression test cases.
- Execute the test cases manually/automated.
- Automate the test cases from the regression pack.
- Present test-case walk-through.
- Following the required set standards
- Analyzing the testing results and submitting the report to the development team
- Ensure that the testing is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures
- Ensure that test-product documentation is complete
- Focus on continuous testing improvements
- Responsibility for the maintenance of QA environments across products, working closely with the delivery teams to define an optimal solution for each platform.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend