Project Manager - IT - UAE
Job no: 569138
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
About: A Project Manager (PM) in Alshaya is accountable for overseeing, planning and driving one or more projects (dependent upon scale and complexity.) Typically but not limited to individual projects costing 1 to 5 million USD.
A PM is responsible for all elements of a project from inception through to completion and sign off with the customer. The role will include managing the budget, selecting the team members and ensuring the quality of the project or projects. The projects will be both cross departmental and have dependencies on other programs and projects therefore require a high level of collaboration, and management skills to deliver within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. The role necessitates strong interpersonal skills, with high level of experience working at an management level and coordinating with other senior-level multifunctional stakeholders to achieve an outcome.
- Educated to Degree level
- Project Management Certification in Prince 2, PMP or Similar
- Certificated in relevant systems where applicable
- Skilled in using MS Office Products such as PowerPoint and Excel
- Will have between 3-7 years experience of managing project
- Managed between at least 2-4 projects through the End to End Project lifecycle
- Managed Project Budgets between US$ 1-5m
- Used to managing Project Teams of 10-20
- Whilst typically managing at Head of Dept Level, will have had interaction at CxO Level
- Delivered multi-country deployments
- Will have worked with multiple retailers, hospitality or FMCG
- A good knowledge of Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of any of the following Technologies Oracle RMS, ReSA, SIM, EPM, X-Store, Non Merch Procurement, ORCE & Responsys Campaign Execution , Chatbot, Service and Social Clouds, MW SOA, MFT IAM, OIM and Automic. Blue Yonder Planning solution including Allocation, AP, AO, EP, D&F, Strategic Pricing, Promos, Markdowns and CATMAN as well as ESO for Food. IBM Sterling Order Management, BI & A, Comarch Loyalty, Yext, HPS
Job Responsibilities :
- Reviewing the initial Business Case and High level Plan with the Business Relationship Manager to ensure clear handoff & acceptance via Stagegate 0 for Project inception and that the high level Scope is clearly defined and understood.
- Based on the Business Case establishing the Project OpEx and CapEx Budgets and maintenance of same through the Budget Tracker working with PMO Finance Analyst to track Actuals against Forceast, monitoring Burn Rate and Cost to Complete, highlighting any variances to agreed budget.
- Set up a clear communication cadence and alignment of the Project to the Alshaya Project standard Governance structure including Project Boards & Weekly Team Mtgs
- Responsible for project mobilization including obtaining commitment of project team resources with departmental Resource Managers.
- Defining clear roles & responsibilities based on RACI model and producing agreed project organogram.
- Familiarity with standard E2E Project Methodologies and able to lead the Project through the various stages of Initiation, Analysis & Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Hypercare & Closure with preparation & presentation of same for Exit & Entry reviews at Stage gate Forums.
- Agreeing a clear set of project deliverables in accordance with the standard PMO methodology agreeing any exceptions / additions to standard artifacts
- It will be necessary to ensure that all documentation follows the standard nomenclature and versioning criteria, and that finalized documents are distributed and signed off by the relevant parties, within agreed timelines.
- Proficient in the development of a WBS and the MS Project plans for each Project Stage, in alignment with the PMO Planning standard guidelines, ensuring that the plan is fully resource and baselined and ongoing tracking & monitoring against that baseline.
- Define and monitor key dependencies both in and out of the project ensuring that the critical path of the project is fully understood.
- Development of the Project Initiation Document and Quality Plans
- Work with internal Teams to ensure strategies are defined for Environments, Testing, Data as well as Change Mgmt and Training , where applicable aligning to central Programme models
- Stakeholder Management, typically with the Head of Department and other Key Stakeholders, ensuring that expectations are managed and fostering a culture of “No surprises”. The Project Stakeholder Matrix would be a key tool to support this.
- Management of Risks & Issues ensuring that a Risk Owner, Assignee, Mitigation plan and associated Risk scoring are defined and that Risks and actions are tracked and review on a weekly basis.
- Used to protecting the Project scope and have an understanding of Change Control with the ability to articulate technical changes at Change Control Board (or CAB)
- Management of 3rd Party vendors including onshore and offshore resource
- Used to working with internal Procurement or Vendor Management Office in supporting contractual negotiations
- Delivery of the standard Project weekly status report and input to the Programme Board, supporting the Programme Manager where required.
- Worked with key Project resources such as the Enterprise & Solution Architect and Technical Analysts ensuring that the High Level Design, Integration Catalogue and Integration Design documents are produced and signed off
- Familiarity of working with the internal Business Analysts and external consultants to define Business & Functional Requirements, ensuring the RTM is in place.
- Used to working with Change Management to ensure both As-Is & To-Be Processes are put in place, Training, Organizational Modelling, Adoption & Benefits Realization plan are established where applicable.
- Supporting the Test Managers through SIT, UAT and Performance Testing as well as OAT where required.
- In conjunction with Information Security and Risk ensuring compliance to the Security principles and guidelines supporting the project through Security Testing.
- Working with or as the Cutover Manager to ensure Dress Rehearsals are conducted and that a detailed Deployment Plan / Schedule of Events and Reversion plan are in place for Go Live.
- Supporting the Transition of the project to Business as Usual working with the Transition Manager to ensure the Transition documentation is in place and knowledge transfer conducted.
- Running Project Implementation Reviews to determine Lessons Learnt ensuring the PIR document is completed and follow on actions are agreed and aligned with PMO Office.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend