Senior Project Manager - IT - UAE
Job no: 569129
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
About: A Senior Project Manager (SPM) in Alshaya is accountable for overseeing, planning and driving multiple large scale, complex and multifaceted Projects. Typically but not limited to individual projects costing 5 to 10 million USD. A SPM is responsible for all elements of a project from inception through to completion and sign off with the customer. The role will include budgeting, hiring of team members and sourcing suppliers and partners when necessary. The projects will be both cross departmental and have dependancies on other programs and projects therefore require a high level of collaboration, and management skills to deliver within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. The role necessitates strong interpersonal & leadership skills, with high level of experience working at an executive level and coordinating with other senior-level multifunctional stakeholders to achieve an outcome.
With a proven track record in the successful delivery of end to end transformation projects, ideally within a multinational Retail environment.
- Will have between 5-10+ years experience of Project Management
- Managed a significant number of projects through the End to End Project lifecycle
- Managed Project Budgets between US$ 5-10m+
- Used to managing Project Teams of cross functional resources
- Whilst typically managing at Head of Dept. Level, will have had interaction at CxO Level
- Delivered multi-country deployments Globally
- Worked within multiple retailers, hospitality or FMCG
- A good knowledge of Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of any of the following Technologies Oracle RMS, ReSA, SIM, EPM, X-Store, Non Merch Procurement, ORCE & Responsys Campaign Execution , Chatbot, Service and Social Clouds, MW SOA, MFT IAM, OIM and Automic. Blue Yonder Planning solution including Allocation, AP, AO, EP, D&F, Strategic Pricing, Promos, Markdowns and CATMAN as well as ESO for Food. IBM Sterling Order Management, BI & A, Comarch Loyalty, Yext, HPS.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent working experience.
- Project Management Certification in Prince 2, PMP or Similar
- Certificated in relevant systems where applicable
- Skilled in using MS Office Products such as PowerPoint, Excel,
- Proficient in the use of MS Project
- Knowledge of JIRA would be helpful
- Will have used SharePoint for management of the Project Document Repository and use of SharePoint lists
- Reviewing the initial Business Case and High level Plan with the Business Relationship Manager to ensure clear handoff & acceptance via Stagegate.
- Based on the Business Case establishing & maintaining the Project OpEx and CapEx Budgets.
- Set up a clear communication cadence and alignment of the Project to the Alshaya Project standard Governance structure.
- Responsible for project mobilization including obtaining commitment of project team resources with departmental Resource Managers.
- Defining clear roles & responsibilities RACI
- Direct and guide project team members to ensure compliance to governance standards and procedures for managing projects
- Define and monitor key dependencies both in and out of the project ensuring that the critical path of the project is fully understood.
- Work with all internal IT Teams to ensure strategies are defined and agreed
- Used to protecting the Project scope and have an understanding of Change Control with the ability to articulate technical changes at Change Control Board (or CAB)
- Management of multiple 3rd Party vendors including onshore and offshore resource
- Used to working with internal Procurement or Vendor Management Office and experience with contractual negotiation.
- Familiarity of working with the internal Business Analysts and external consultants to define Business & Functional Requirements, ensuring the RTM is in place.
- Used to working with Change Management to ensure both As-Is & To-Be Processes are put in place, Training, Organizational Modelling, Adoption & Benefits Realization plan are established where applicable.
- Direct Line Management of a small number of Project Managers & Leads typically 1-3 with responsibility for setting objectives, performance appraisals and personal development plans.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend