Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Title: Consumer & Market Insights Manager
Main Job Purpose:
• Be independent and deliver fact-based, objective views of the business. Provide inspirational and credible transformational insights to business partners.
• Identify strategic possibilities for business growth through market development (higher penetration, frequency, Intensity of purchase) and tactical opportunities for the marketing teams to capitalize on.
• Use your innate ability and passion to understand and empathize with consumers and customers to deliver valuable insights to the business.
• Offer foresight rather than just insight, by proactively identifying consumer and market trends across MENA, and using these to shape the brand strategies revamp.
• Have a thorough understanding of main brands 6Ps within the categories of Apparel, Hospitality, Wellness: Brand Funnel, business objectives and challenges, competition landscape, customers.
• Be able to set relevant research programmes to deliver against business challenges and objectives. Strong understanding and relevant experience across Quantitative and Qualitative research methodologies.
• Distil information from primary and secondary research e.g. ad hoc, market information. Complement this by demonstrating market insight capabilities - complement ad hoc research with in-market understanding.
• Responsible for building and developing relationships with own group of business partners including Brand Planning, Marketing Communications, Data & Digital Insights, Ecommerce, Customer Service, etc.
• Contribute to category and strategic understanding work e.g. Habits & Attitudes, Drivers, and Strategic Pricing & Promo.
• Deliver insights that improve business performance e.g. increased brand equity, strengthening brand funnels.
• Solid understanding of products from main agency partners: Nielsen, Kantar, Ipsos, etc.
Qualification & Skills Needed:
• 5+ years as a CMI Professional or 3+ years as CMI + Research agency managerial experience (Nielsen, Kantar, Ipsos, etc.)
Analytically minded and numerically oriented.
• Capability to derive insights from integration of different data set and connecting the dots
• Think strategically – ability to design, develop and land research projects with a solid business impact in mind (going beyond the brief)
• Opportunity spotting skills, with data deep diving abilities.
• Capability to derive insights from integration of different data & connecting the dots.
• Develop output, which is simple, fact-based rather than fact-filled, focusing on storytelling, recommendations and impact to growth.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal are needed to work with different functions and land insights and messages in a compelling way.
• Ability to collaborate seamless and lead across agency partners and internal teams will be crucial.