Solutions Architect - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF9489
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Solution Architect JDA WMS
Experience: 8 to 15 years
Solution Architect is expected to deliver IT solutions that meet business requirements.Success criteria for the role: Domain knowledge in Warehouse Management, Transport Management; ability to convert business need or problem to specific and detailed requirements; ability to work as a team to design, configure, build, test and deliver appropriate packaged software or custom developed solution; ability to define and implement process improvements; expertise in documentation, communication, quality assurance, collaboration, stakeholder and time management.
- >4 years as an IT or business analyst with experience in Warehouse Management , Transport Management , Supply chain domains
- >4 years of configuration, support or extension experience in any of the leading ERP, SCM, Ecommerce, CRM packages
- >4 years of experience in implementing/deploying leading package software from JDA.
- >4 years of experience in developing process and data models, value stream maps, problem statements, solution maps, conducting JAD, RAD, JRP or similar methodology/technique for requirement gathering workshops, agile delivery, etc.
- Experience in the Retail/eCommerce industry; keen appreciation of digital enterprise characteristics.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Interpret, understand business drivers as stated in business cases or change requests - conceptualize into viable solutions
- As domain consultant, work closely with customers (business users, stakeholders) to extract requirement details, apply subject matter knowledge and domain experience to suggest better practices, convert requirement details to specifications
- Partner with technical analyst to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
- Function as a subject matter expert; develop business analyst talent
- Assist ITBPs and ITSMs in effort, cost or value estimates for business cases or change requests; participate in business need discovery sessions, technology assessment, vendor presentations or other initiatives
- Prepare accurate documentation of requirements, specifications, test cases or other areas where documentation is key
- Identify and recommend business process changes and better practices – saving time, cost or effort; convert to solution
- Be a scrum master, solutions architect, QA engineer, trainer, or change delivery manager as needed; demonstrate agile, lean, continuous improvement practices throughout work method; develop capabilities within domains of interest
- Partner internally (IT) with ITBP, ITSM and PMO to ensure change delivery meets or exceeds customer satisfaction
- Partner externally (customer) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, present solutions, evangelize better practices, time management, train users, set and manage delivery expectations
- Partner externally (vendor) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, collaborate in solution delivery, manage and report performance, ensure methodology compliance
- Meet KPI targets; support domain leader as backup; actively mentor business analysts
- Discuss or present key subjects in user group sessions; support ITBPs and ITSMs on user adoption as needed
- Develop and manage productivity of a team of 1-8 business analysts
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices
- Knowledge of domain subject matter such as Warehousing, Transportation, broader Supply Chain, etc
- Knowledge of retail business drivers, related process and technology trends
- Knowledge of IT best practices; familiarity with IT architecture and service management principles
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend