Strategy Lead - IT - UAE
Job no: 3346891
Dubai Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
The Role: IT Strategy Lead
IT Strategy Lead is responsible for developing and maintaining the Technology Roadmap which would enable the Business Portfolio Roadmap for the assigned business area.
The IT Strategy Lead will also support the IT Business Partner, responsible for the assigned business area, to develop the Business Portfolio Roadmap for that business area.
Mandatory Working experience:
- Previous experience of working in a consultative IT strategy roles ideally in large consultancies OR in a Senior Business Analysis or Enterprise Architecture roles in a global organization with Business knowledge on Apparel (Fashion) and Wellness and Hospitality is a must.
- Experience working in matrix organisations within an international organization.
- Experience working with distributed and offshore IT organisations would be advantageous
- Retail experience would be advantageous
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Develop, in collaboration with the BP’s, IT Delivery, Data and the EA’s, strategy documents and communicate with all key stakeholders via concise, clear and easy to consume strategy artifacts
- Determine (and be accountable) the required (enabling Business Portfolio Roadmaps) technology roadmap (short, medium and long-term) having full alignment across all Enterprise Architecture domains including Data
- Ensure that the Technology roadmaps comply to the Architecture principals and standards and ensure minimal technical debt with a clear path to remove it
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the BP,s, EA’s, Data and the IT Delivery functions
- Inform and advise business sponsors and their teams, in conjunction with IT Business Partners and EA’s on strategic and operational opportunities for improvement and develop roadmaps with feasible approaches to achieve them
- Work with and help improve IT engagement and governance processes (operating model)
Experience: 9 to 16 years
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend