Category Manager (Online) - Mothercare - UAE
Job no: 3311588
Dubai Head Office
Mothercare has grown from its origins in 1960s Britain into a successful global multi-channel retailer operating in over 50 countries. In 1983 M.H. Alshaya launched its first franchise operation with the brand in Kuwait which was also mothercare's first international store.
Mothercare Alshaya is today a highly successful, ever growing and complex business, operating over 300 stores across the Middle East, North Africa, Russia & Central Europe, from large parenting centres to small hospital stores and an incorporating an integrated e-commerce solution. As a brand we pride ourselves on our customer service, making our stores parent and child-friendly environments, staffed by people who are passionate about our products and services and who can offer knowledgeable unbiased advice. This is especially important for new parents, unversed in the technicalities of products such as baby-feeding equipment, cotbeds, pushchairs and car seats.
Define the tactical and strategic direction of product lines within each category in line with the product calendars as well as assessing and managing the product Business mix to achieve Company Financial and Business objectives.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Coach and mentor team, set goals and develop individuals on an ongoing basis
- Responsibility for providing guidance, coaching and management to the eCommerce Product Merchandising team, ensuring the development of necessary skills in a team based environment
- Responsible for delivering world-class product presentation and merchandising of products within their specified categories, including: Management and ongoing development of the customer facing product hierarchy. Management of product and bundle enrichment, both directly and in conjunction with the eCommerce Content team
- Support the development and provision of KPI reporting
- Support with communication between eCommerce Product Merchandisers and all other internal stake holders
Provide support, training and advice to eCommerce Product Merchandisers in day-to-day trading actions and wider review including sales and margin mix, promotional analysis, attach/conversion rates, product availability and range management.
- Manage Business strategies and activities from development to implementation to achieve Business objectives
- Accountable for driving the success of the online Category(s) through the effective merchandising and trading of products online for brands in the operating market(s).
- Accountable for Category(s) budgeted sales and margin, and execution of online strategies to deliver eCommerce KPIs.
- Support the development of the online budget and commercial plan formulation for the Category(s).
- Identify and maintain an agreed competitor set. Ensure that competitor set is reported against in any marketing intelligence activity.
- Accountable for the day-to-day Category management including reviewing price/market competitiveness, range and product life cycle management, promotional analysis and communication with the brand merchandising team(s).
- Support the Trading Manager to deliver a shopping list of product opportunities and extended ranges for the online channel to sell and to provide sales forecasts for such products. The management and sell through of the product will be a joint responsibility for both the eCommerce trading and brand merchant teams.
- Provide information on product, price and availability to the search team to enable them to maximise PPC activity.
- Provision and education of product sales and margin performance to the eCommerce marketing team to ensure all marketing decisions are made with an understanding of the commercial impact.
- Accountable for the Category(s) merchandising plan, including providing timely design briefs for homepage, department or category page banners or collection pages and homepage switcher blocks. Ownership of the sign-off and validation process for all of this work. Management of featured product selections on all category pages.
- Support promotional planning and manage the plan execution online
- Management of Category(s) discount codes in line with category strategy and company legal / compliance requirements.
- Review Business critical information, make recommendations, communicate and facilitate solutions.
- Manage category(s) contribution to sales and margin targets against budget and short term forecasts.
- Manage the end-to-end process for defining, enriching and merchandising of all bundles for the online channel, ensuring bundles are promoted and priced in line with the category strategy and margin targets.
- Responsible for daily management and review of product stock availability and manage site product visibility, to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review Category(s) sales forecasts and stock requirements for the online channel with eCommerce product merchandisers and input into the brand merchant teams forecasting process.
- Develop internal and external relationships and negotiate to achieve Business objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with key online and brand teams in order to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and profitability objectives.
- Work with brand merchant teams to ensure that range transitions are managed to ensure multi channel approach to new product/range launches in operating market(s)
- Briefing the eCommerce Marketing team with topics to drive social media activity, PPC product campaigns, affiliate offers, email nominations and other marketing/CRM activities
- Build strong relationships with Brand marketing teams to ensure that brand objectives and guidelines are represented within eCommerce.
- Work with brand teams to solve any issues relating to inventory, promotions or price.
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of key commercial systems
- 2-3 years in eCommerce product/category merchandising. Ideally in Retail sector PLC
- Retail experience
- Exposure to eCommerce at an operational level, including category and business planning through to implementation
- Organization, Prioritization, and Management skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to motivate and influence team and individuals
- Strong interpersonal/networking skills
- Good understanding of competitive positioning, management of commercial processes, and maximization of business opportunities
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend