Head of Procurement Services - Kuwait
Job no: 552983
Kuwait Head Office
Drive the ongoing development, implementation and management of the corporate procurement strategy and ensure Delivering departmental and organizational goals/objectives. Responsible for vendors relationships development and ongoing management including negotiations of procuring Goods and Services, vendors selection and recommendation on technical specs. Work closely with the Procurement Director to develop a centralized procurement program/s that will add value and efficiency to the organization.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement related projects, queries, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all business units.
- Drive the development and implementation of procurement policies, SOPs and systems to support tendering, contract/s management, spend analytics, vendors performance management and overall procurement strategies and processes.
- Drive continuous improvement of securing best value/quality possible and challenging existing practices.
- Develop and maintain excellent and professional relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure ALL strategic procurement aspect are met and in compliance with the organizational policies/objectives
- Ensure the development/coaching/mentoring of the procurement team, warrant they receive appropriate support and training to achieve their potential and respectively the departmental and organizational goals/objectives
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and the organization.
- Pro-actively drive new ways of working and engage in various improvement activities to enhance procurement process and performance.
- Identify solutions to achieve better outcomes, ensure KPIs and financial targets are met and corrective actions are taken when/where necessary.
- Assume responsibility for procurement activities within LOA.
- Negotiate contract/s terms with vendors to ensure technical, quality and delivery standards are met
- Own the development and ongoing maintenance of the Centralized Vendors Database (local, regional & global).
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Manage the development, planning & execution of bids, proposals, tenders, purchase orders, invoicing, suppliers payments and reconciliation processes.
- Manage quotes/bids/tenders/contracts reviewing, analyzing and further negotiations process and recommend economy of scale procurement solutions.
- Bachelors Degree, Master of Business Administration or equivalent credentials preferred.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- 6 - 8 years of experience in purchasing, contract negotiation, strategic alliance development and competitive cost and price analysis.
- Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills
Additional role requirements:
- Strong people management
- Leadership and execution
- Industry experience
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend