Boots has been catering for healthcare and beauty needs for over 160 years. With a mission to help customers’ look and feel better than they ever thought possible,
Boots pharmacies have earned a reputation for providing customers with excellent, trustworthy, healthcare advice through the team of highly qualified, professional pharmacists. In addition to this, the store staff provide a friendly and helpful service to customers looking for expert skincare advice, the latest cosmetics, essentials for babies and children and even indulgent hair care treats.
This is an exciting role within warehouse operations as part of the Boots brand initiatives. The appointed candidate will contribute to the success of the team and the organization in achieving the vision of the division and the company by being responsible for leading the warehouse team, adopting the best practices of product stocking, distribution with excellent logistic activities to achieve divisional business objectives. Responsible for the supervision of a warehouse team and/or function within one’s own area of expertise and to achieve company objectives.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
To comply with Ministry &Company process
- To achieve operational excellence, minimize product loss, and ensure staff safety within the Company Distribution processes.
- Responsible to ensure medications are stored in the correct manner.
- Keeping track of all necessary licenses both personal and company and keeping them updated as per Governmental requirements
- Documentation - Receiving consignment; check it as per MoH standards - Coordinating
- The licensed pharmacist shall manage controlled drugs as per rules laid down by MOH
- Management of document archiving and record-keeping
- Follow and implement standard operating policies and local legislation.
- Problem-solving, leading negotiations, crisis management with necessary governmental and regulatory authorities as required
- Managing HAAD authority quality program (violations & Excellence requirements) with respect to Drug Store practice
- The Pharmacist In charge will be supervising receiving warehousing, picking/packing and dispatch, in order to meet healthcare customer requirements.
- Monitor day to day operations to include operational workflow, scheduling, annual appraisals, regulatory compliance
- Supervising staff and conducting storing procedures wherever necessary
- Providing guidance and development to assigned staff and encourage individual development, interviewing people, and hiring the right candidate
- Responsible for handling delivery. Propose & complete brand projects with the approval of management within the agreed time schedules.
- Fully understand, drive and promote company vision, culture and values.
- Hands-on role & will guide in entire end-to-end supply chain activities for the medical products in the warehouse.
- Ownership and responsibility for providing excellent customer service while running a smooth and efficient operation.
- Monitor proper, efficient, and maximum utilization of manpower and space.
- To supervise and help in maintaining and improving the efficiency & effectiveness of the company's logistics and supply chain operations.
Minimize losses caused by Date Expired Stock.
- Ensure Company policy and procedures for managing date-marked stock are implemented and acted upon.
- Implement an SOP for Expiry management
- Reduce the write off by close monitoring of FEFO process and ensuring corrective actions are in place by working closely with the commercial team
- Deliver all the professional, operational and legal standards
- Ensure delivery of all the operating policy and procedures, ethics, and local legislation
- Reporting complaints related to pharmacovigilance issues or any batch recalled from the supplier.
- Checking store temperature & humidity chart as per M.O.H. requisition and keeping its track record.
- Identify, implement and share Best Practice following consultation with the Warehouse/Brand Manager
- Maintain all records require by the external authorities e.g. MOH and submit within the set deadlines.
- Develop yourself and the team.
- Complete the self-study modules on responding to symptoms and management of minor ailments provided by Boots within the first 6 months of joining the Business
- A minimum of 20 hours of external CME activities is expected each year or greater if required by local Pharmaceutical Association
- Maintain training records for CME activities (provided by Boots or externally) to update own knowledge, as well as maintain a record for all the basic training provided by Boots for self and support team as required.
- Review the performance of others in the team as requested by the Warehouse Manager and provide feedback and necessary support to allow the Operations team to maximize their contribution.
Manage a team including workload, motivation, training, and appraisals.
- Ensure Supervision and Leadership to the team.
- Inform/guide Employees on company policies and procedures.
- Appraise employees and monitor performance against set goals. Identify development needs and potential in order to assign appropriate job functions to develop them.
- Follow up on Employee welfare issues.
- File all goals and appraisals for the Distribution Centre team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and well-organized Distribution Centre, conducting daily inspection checks of areas.
- Carry out Employee searches on arrival and departure.
- Keep Manager updated on day-to-day matters: Seek approval for Employee overtime, advise on Employee and staffing problems, seek approval for all maintenance expenses, recommend resourcing levels to Manager, plan to staff and supervise the transfer of stock during sales and Plan and inform subordinates regarding stock takes.
- Provide details of worked hours per task per shift.
- Plan and receive shipment status reports, advise of shipment sizes, and stock allocations. Advice on and control stock allocation.
- Check that the Distribution Centre meets fire regulations.
- Ensure that the right items are delivered. Send store a list of new launches. Update merchandiser regarding OOS/IS on continuity line.
- License to practice pharmacy
- Two years relevant experience
- Monitor receiving
- Managing expiries
Skills: MS Office, Excel
Additional role requirements:
- Warehouse Experience
- Males only
- MOH License
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.