User Experience Manager (Marketing) - Starbucks - UAE
Job no: 3260279
Dubai Head Office
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brings a feeling of connection.
Starbucks coffeehouses have become a beacon for coffee lovers everywhere because they know they can count on genuine service, an inviting atmosphere and a superb cup of expertly roasted and richly brewed coffee every time. It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. Starbucks is a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.
Starbucks prides itself on its people, or ‘partners’ as we call them. We strive to develop each partner to achieve their career goals, whether this is to become a district manager, Coffee Master or work within one of our Head Office functions.
We are looking for a creative and data-driven UX Manager to join the Starbucks MENA Digital Customer Experience & Content team. The ideal candidate will combine a flare for UX design, a strong understanding of customer behavior, and the ability to understand and interpret complex data to create experiences that consistently delight our customers and drive top-line revenue growth.
He/ she will draw on their existing experience with, and understanding of, UX design to:
- Develop, test, and deliver intuitive, engaging, and consistent digital experiences that drive customer acquisition, conversion and retention, on our Starbucks markets websites, on our delivery integrator partners, on our eCommerce partners.
- Create experiences that are designed and optimized for mobile devices to reflect the changing ways our customers engage with our business
- Develop and evolve our understanding of customer journeys, and the role that digital channels play in the overall experience
- Ensure the experiences we create are supported with eye-catching and locally relevant content and brand assets
- Ensure that our customer experiences align with marketing campaigns, commercial objectives and our business strategy
- Translate insights, data, and user stories into wireframes and mock-ups
- Use customer data to optimize our platforms, identify issues and develop elegant, evidence-backed solutions
- Work closely with our partners and other third parties to ensure that the customer experience on these platforms adheres to our high standards
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for CX within our organisation, clearly articulate the opportunities and benefits, and ensure that other parts of the business provide the necessary support
- Support the Senior Manager in developing an approach and culture that places conversion, evaluation and optimization at the heart of all marketing activities
- The UX Manager will ensure that all of our digital properties are fully integrated with the overall customer experience, are responsive to the changing needs of our customers, and reflect the high standards associated with the Starbucks brand. This includes the digital platforms that we operate in conjunction with our partners, such as delivery apps and online storefronts.
- The UX Manager will demonstrate a strong appetite to learn and develop their skills as digital tools and techniques evolve. He/ she should also be capable of providing guidance and education for fellow marketers and for stakeholders in the wider business – including those in more senior positions. He/ she will act as an ambassador for Marketing at Starbucks and support our drive to be recognized as a center of excellence within the Starbucks world and to become an award-winning team within our region and industry.
Omnichannel and digital customer experience design, interface design, customer journeys and user stories, integrating third-party apps and digital platforms, user experience research, test-and-learn methodologies, digital analytics and performance evaluation, digital innovation, creative briefing and creative judgment
- Over 5 years of CX design experience, with 3 years of experience developing and delivery CX solutions across a range of digital platforms
- 2 years of experience managing others, including coaching and upskilling
- Good knowledge of Google Analytic is a must
- Good knowledge of Drupal and Yext is very appreciated.
- Track record and evidence of delivering CX solutions that consistently outperform vs. stated objectives and make a measurable contribution towards business performance
- Experience of building complex and evolving customer journeys from initial engagement to check-out and order fulfilment, and translating findings into new concepts
- Experience of rapidly turning new concepts into wireframes and mock-ups, and testing/ iterating to develop solutions that are ready for launch
- Experience of building successful working relationships with partners, providers and agencies
- Experience of assessing new digital tools and platforms vs. customer understanding and insights and making recommendations
- Experience of using test-and-learn methodologies and working with stakeholders to select and set appropriate KPIs
- Experience of working with Insights (or similar functions) to develop experiences that are grounded in customer/ user research and understanding
- Experience with large regional and matrix organizations
- Experience of working with mobile app developers, especially mobile retail or delivery services
- Experience with digital commerce, including online retail platforms
- First-hand experience in the HORECA/ FMCG/ CPG sectors in MENA
- Experience as contributor to process improvement, team capability building, or organizational digital transformation is a valuable plus
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend