Category Manager - Victoria's Secret International - UAE
Job no: 3221981
Dubai Head Office
Victoria's Secret is the leading specialist retailer of lingerie and beauty products, dominating the market with modern, fashion-inspired collections, fragrances, cosmetics, celebrated supermodels and world-famous runway shows and creating products on the forefront of fashion and innovation.
The vision of the business is to create a brand with high emotional content that makes woman feel alluring, sophisticated and forever young – It is all about her! Victoria's Secret delivers a best-in-class, captivating branded customer experience that builds loyalty, not just through the product but through the customer service experience provided by the in store staff.
Define the tactical and strategic direction of online product lines within each category in line with the product calendars as well as assessing and managing the product Business mix to achieve Company Financial and Business objectives.
Focus on analysis and building strategy from the analysis so experience in using Google analytics or equivalent are key along with being comfortable with running in-depth analysis with the support of a merchandiser finding ways to drive the business across all areas, whether its product, VM, site enhancement, marketing campaigns, reports in Power BI and Google Analytics and should be able to read those reports with confidence coming with trends, patterns that we can use to change our online strategy to drive sales
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Coach and mentor team, set goals and develop individuals on an ongoing basis:
- Responsibility for providing guidance, coaching and management to the eCommerce
- Product Merchandising team, ensuring the development of necessary skills in a team based environment
- Responsible for delivering world-class product presentation and merchandising of products within their specified categories, including:
- Management and ongoing development of the customer facing product hierarchy.
- Management of product and bundle enrichment, both directly and in conjunction with the eCommerce Content team
- Deputise for the Trading Manager in his/her absence and make commercial decisions if the Trading Manager is unavailable.
- Assist with workflow management and prioritisation of activities assisting when necessary
- Support the development and provision of KPI reporting
- Support with communication between eCommerce Product Merchandisers and all
- other internal stake holders
- Provide support, training and advice to eCommerce Product Merchandisers in day-to-day trading actions and wider review including sales and margin mix, promotional analysis, attach/conversion rates, product availability and range management.
Manage Business strategies and activities from development to implementation to achieve Business objectives:
- Accountable for driving the success of the online Category(s) through the effective merchandising and trading of products online for brands in the operating market(s).
- Accountable for Category(s) budgeted sales and margin, and execution of online strategies to deliver eCommerce KPIs.
- Support the development of the online budget and commercial plan formulation for the Category(s).
Maintain up-to-date Competitor and Global Business trends knowledge.
- Identify and maintain an agreed competitor set. Ensure that competitor set is reported against in any marketing intelligence activity.
- Escalation for significant and ongoing competitor pricing issues working with brand merchant teams to resolve.
- Accountable for the day-to-day Category management including reviewing price/market competitiveness, range and product life cycle management, promotional analysis and communication with the brand merchandising team(s).
Review Business critical information, make recommendations, communicate and facilitate solutions.
- Manage category(s) contribution to sales and margin targets against budget and short term forecasts.
- Manage the end-to-end process for defining, enriching and merchandising of all bundles for the online channel, ensuring bundles are promoted and priced in line with the category strategy and margin targets.
- Enrich and activate bundles including marketing text, presentation hierarchy and attachment to parent products.
Develop internal and external relationships and negotiate to achieve Business objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with key online and brand teams in order to achieve or exceed budgeted sales and profitability objectives.
- Work with brand merchant teams to ensure that range transitions are managed to ensure multi channel approach to new product/range launches in operating market(s)
- Work with brand merchandising teams to ensure price alignment through the Product
- Life Cycle and identify opportunities to leverage the online channel to exit markdown and terminal stock
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of key commercial systems
- 2-3 years in ecommerce product/category merchandising. Ideally in Retail sector PLC
- Retail experience
- Exposure to ecommerce at an operational level, including category and business planning through to implementation
- Organisation, Prioritisation, and Management skills
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to motivate and influence team and individuals
- Analytical/numerical/statistical skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal/networking skills
- Good understanding of competitive positioning, management of commercial processes, and maximisation of business opportunities
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Application close: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend