The role entailed will cover but not be limited to design coordination/development for the appointed region within MENA for the Starbucks brand.
The suitable candidate should be a heavily self-motivated, highly organized individual with a strong background in Design and Project Management and prepared to initiate all aspects of the role until completion with Alshaya and Brand teams.
The Group Design Project Manager will perform a pivotal role in creating design outline briefs/coordination and development for the MENA region for the development of the Starbucks brand by all stakeholders.
The role carries project/design scheduling and strong coordination/organization skills and will be required to work with various nationalities within the region at achieving mutual targets.
The candidate will need to be able to multi-task and work on several projects at a time, also being mindful of restrictive deadlines to be achieved.
• To initiate the design process by compiling all required data and information required to formulate a design brief /objectives/documentation to the Starbucks Brand
• To coordinate the design process and implement the Starbucks brand to the requirements of the region.
• To ensure the operational requirements, local laws, and morays of the region are considered and implemented.
• To ensure compliance of design quality and brand ethics.
• To ensure budget compliance during the design specification process thru effective procurement.
• To ensure budget allocated is used effectively and costs managed through the duration of the Project.
• To ensure from a Real Estate standpoint communication with Landlords and all site constraints are understood and communicated to the correct parties.
• The candidate will be UAE based but will need to be prepared to travel and/or possibly relocate as required.
The candidate would need to be aware that travel within the region would be a requirement outside the COVID situation. The candidate would report to the Concept Design Manager– Group Property
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Professional Internationally recognized Degree qualification in Interior or Architectural design with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Experience in the Retail Industry / Food & Beverage is preferred.
- Retail Delivery/Design Background with Project Management experience would be an advantage for this role
- Good command of the English language both written and spoken. Arabic speaker would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Gulf experience would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in the formulation of design briefs and coordination of the design process/implementation
- Good command of AutoCAD, Revit, 3D studio, InDesign, Microsoft Office, and/or other similar Project Management packages would be required.