Senior Manager (Group Freight) - Logistics & Shipping - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7992
Kuwait Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
Monitor & manage Shipping Managers & Group Freight operational activities across multiple markets. Develop Shipping Operations Teams to achieve company targets & goals. Ensure the freight cost reduction & improved service levels are maintained.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal brand contacts to ensure stock flow from origin to Regional DC and from Regional DC to Local DC whilst improving productivity and managing operating costs.
- Working closely with 3PL and carriers to ensure timely execution of the freight processes from origin through to destination.
- Ensure standard operating procedures for land, air and sea courier service providers.
- Create, develop and maintain good working relationship internally and externally, updating all changes expediently to the carrier network.
- Develop, motivate, appraise & train employees
- Continuously appraise Group Freight management.
- Drive performance by removing obstacles, improving processes and recommending solutions.
- Ensure personal development of individuals & maintain appropriate succession plans.
- Maintain contact with internal & external stakeholders to gauge perceived levels of service and provide support.
- Provide accurate reports & support to internal & external contacts
- Provide accurate information & support to operations, merchandising & shipping teams.
- Liaise with outside service departments, third party providers & government agencies.
- Collecting all relevant shipping data and using specific models to analyze and present recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of new freight business, maintain and develop relationships with new and existing clients in the local market, and drive the business for maximum utilization of existing facilities.
- Control all costs & manage all budgets, making recommendations for cost structures for new budgets
- Control Variable & fixed costs to within budgeted levels. Continuously explore opportunities to affect additional cost savings & improve service standards.
- Monitor and control costs against set budgets taking remedial action where projected spend would exceed the authorized limit
- Fully comprehend relationships between revenue, cost and profit levels and interpret financial information to Director
- Ensure cost efficiency & service efficiency for all Group Freight activity
- Ensure most cost effective & efficient methods of clearance/delivery of incoming & outgoing shipments. Continuously liaise with customs & Municipal departments, building up good working relations.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend