Project Manager - Logistics - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7950
Kuwait Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
As a Project Manager you will Lead a project team, and/or nominated individuals. Work closely with Senior Management, Operations Teams, HR, IT, Brands, and Franchise Partners to ensure that milestones are delivered on time and within budget. Deliver an integrated business system solution and implement it in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Managing and delivering projects within Logistics through the full lifecycle to meet budgets and timeframe in accordance with company Policy
- Prepare documentation throughout the full life-cycle of a project that enables effective management of the project
- Control the scope of the project and formally manage change
- Communicate with stakeholders in a manner that supports the long-term relationship
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide project status updates
- Monitor and manage progress while identifying risks, issues and opportunities
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organised presentations
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Must have experience of managing projects from inception through to implementation; including the delivery of benefits and post implementation review
- Background within an international shipping, logistics or retail supply chain business (operational experience beneficial but not essential)
- Exposure to business analysis functions such as requirements gathering, process reengineering and solution definition
- Experience of successfully implementing new processes in a controlled environment
- Establish a Project Management methodology/governance that fits the organization
- Experience/Certification and working knowledge in Prince2, Agile, PMP, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Define roles and responsibilities to the Project Team members
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plan and documentation using tools for Project Plan & documentation – Project Server, SharePoint, MS Project etc.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend