Senior Service Manager - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7860
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
About : This role will be accountable for delivering IT services to business in his / her domain. He / she discusses and agrees services levels for each of the services in the portfolio and subsequently ensures that these service level targets are met. The role is responsible for managing escalations E2E, as well as managing the pipeline of change requests.
Success of this role will depend on the ability
- To negotiate and make agreements on the delivery of services.
- To lead in the production and maintenance of an accurate service portfolio
- To Ensure that the objectives that have been ratified in the underlying contacts are synchronized with the SLA
- To Manage relationships with senior business stakeholders effectively, as well as maintaining relationships across IT with all players who are contributing to delivering the end service to the customers
- To understand the content of the service and application portfolio as well as the business process which are enabled through it in his or her domain
- To be a true advocate for the function across business and IT
Skills and Experience:
- 5- 10 years of previous service / application management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- 10-15 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional work teams toward task completion, ideally across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Possess customer service skills
- Have the competences and knowledge that are needed in order to perform the function well.
- Have the ability to use, understand and interpret best practices policies and procedures to ensure adherence.
- Very strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, facilitation.
- Successful delivery against commitments and deadlines.
- ITIL knowledge beyond theory. He/she has participated in specific education about how to apply ITIL best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- ITIL Master Certification preferred.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Internally within IT, establish and maintain strong working relationships with Senior Sponsors, Department Heads, and Process Owners.
- Externally outside of IT, establish and maintain strong working relationship with senior business stakeholders.
- Externally, may also be responsible for – or at least build strong relationships with - Supplier Management.
- Primary Service Level Management process knowledge holder and reference point.
- Create and maintain a Catalogue of Services.
- Design, map out, get buy-in for, and maintain the most appropriate Service Level Management (SLM) structure for the organization.
- Establish a service review process; planning, organizing and facilitating recurring meetings.
- Play a leadership role and assist other IT leaders in entrenching a “business and service culture” within IT.
- Negotiate, get buy-in for, design, and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal customers.
- Negotiate, get buy-in for, design and maintain Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) with other IT support teams
- Work with Change Managers to understand the Service level Management (SLM) requirements for proposed new services and changes.
- Analyze, review and report performance results against the criteria established in SLAs and OLAs.
- Conduct annual or more frequent assessment and reviews of the entire SLM process; Negotiate, get buy-in for and control amendments necessary.
- Owner of the standard Service Level Management process documentation.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend