Senior Manager (Data Governance & Management) - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7316
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
As a Senior Data Governance Manager, you would be given complete ownership handling the project for Alshaya from Data management, cleansing & transition point. You would be responsible for the implementation of data governance & data management process & procedure.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in same or similar role.
- CDMP or any CIMP certification or DGSP certification or similar.
- PMP/ PRINCE2 certifications
- Past experience of handling vendor oriented projects
- Experience of working in matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Exposure & experience of business functions in retail industry.
- Skilled in MPP usage including FTE mapping.
- Domain Experience in Supply Chain, Logistic and E-Commerce
- Experience managing, mentoring a team
- Business Applications
- Supply Chain, Logistic, Ecommerce
- Finance, BI & CRM
- Point of contact for DvSum’s project managers & solution architects; enterprise architects.
- Coordinate & ensure collaboration of appropriate Alshaya resources assigned to DTT track
- Track, control & confirm vendor resource engagement & alignment of deliverables.
- Review status of program objectives and deliverables
- Participates in reviews and weekly meetings
- Acts as primary escalation point for issues and problems
- Draft & execute a communication plan for 360 update, interaction & reviews.
- Co-ordinate with Vendor Resources to provide the information required for Data Migration
Long term responsibilities
- Track , document & communicate progress of Data Governance.
- Track the metrics for measuring data governance performance based on guidelines provided.
- TTT for business & extended teams for data governance framework, methodology , process & procedures.
- Detailed Project Plan for the Data transition project. ( incorporate the DvSUM project plan into it)
- Validated WBS
- Track resource allocation & usage for Alshaya organizations.
- Execute approved communication plan.
- Maintain RAID log from Alshaya perspective.
- Project Status Reports & milestone reporting. ( both quantitative & qualitative)
Long term deliverables
- Project schedule with task details including R&R of all initiatives undertaken with various business units for data governance& management implementation.
- Maintain & communicate Data Governance RAID logs.
- Maintain the updated status of data governance metrics and detailed measure of success.
- Maintain the complete documentation of all improvements, realignments, modifications & decisions w.r.t. data governance.
- Maintain data health chart for identified critical data per brand.
- Championing the integration of data governance within the standard project methodology.
- Ensuring that standard project methodology is followed and that policies, procedures and metrics are in place for maintaining/improving data quality and the creation, capture, and maintenance of metadata.
- Broker cross business coordination & alignment to ensure appropriate understanding of execution approach & impact of data governance of cross functional data.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend