Area Visual Merchandising Manager (Space Planning) - Debenhams - Kuwait
Job no: MRF7263
Kuwait Head Office
Debenhams is a leading department store chain that originated in the UK and carries a full range of cosmetics, womenswear, lingerie, accessories, menswear, childrenswear and home. The store offers a unique combination of exclusive designer brands, international brands and Debenhams' own collection. Our customers are enticed inside because we stock the latest trends, and the customer service ensures customers return. As a brand we are knowledgeable, enthusiastic and driven.
This strategic role requires an analytically minded individual who ideally has experience of working in a space planning environment.
Key elements of the role include:
- Analysing sales results to ensure macro space is aligned with customer expectations to ensure optimum sales in relation to space allocation within the store
- Measuring the performance of Divisions/ Categories in terms of sales and profit and making recommendations to senior management for future space allocation
- Liaising with all stakeholders to influence future changes based on past/current and future strategic business planning.
- Utilising software systems to extract data and produce accurate category performance results enabling informed and accurate decisions to be made
- Developing product and store format propositions from initial concept or seasonal amendments.
- Continually look to improve our planning processes which can directly improve our turnover alongside the Store proposition and maintaining Customer choice.
- Work to develop, simplify and standardise processes.
Areas of Focus:
- Layout planograms using Micros GDS Space Planning software.
- Auditing work to maintain accuracy and quality standards.
- Working closely with Brands, ensure alignment of planograms.
- Executing division, category fixtures to support linear conversion calculations
- Supporting in facilitating monthly analysis deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with peers and cross-functional work teams.
- Supporting division and category promotional plans through optimizing pop up space
- Ensuring planograms include all necessary implementation information
- Handling data that provides monthly pre and post planogram reporting.
- Working with the operations team to ensure on-time implementation instructions are provided within planograms and store team questions are answered in a timely manner.
- A high degree of proficiency in Business Intelligence (BI) is also required as well as good presentation skills (Powerpoint) and advanced level use of Excel.
- You will be an enthusiastic self-starter with a continuous drive to develop personal knowledge and develop/lead others.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend