Solutions Architect (Middleware) - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6826
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Solution Architect, Alshaya IT – Kuwait Based
With 80+ globally recognized brands, 50000+ employees and 4000+ stores spread across 20+ countries, Alshaya boasts to be one of the largest International Franchise Retailers in the world. To continue their ambitious expansion, Alshaya are currently moving to the next generation applications and development of IT infrastructure with a multi-year business and IT transformation. To support and achieve this aggressive growth, we are currently looking for an experienced “Principal Solution Architect” to join the Enterprise Solutions team within Alshaya IT division.
- A senior management role, leading and shaping Alshaya’s IT strategy to build a strong foundation for business execution
- Responsible for architecture management of applications within “Omnichannel and Digital Commerce” business domains
- Provide business & technology thought leadership for “Phoenix transformation” across customer-facing Omnichannel processes of Web/Mobile Commerce, Marketplaces, Order Management, Content Management, PIM, DAM etc.
- Engage with senior business executives, other EA team members, IT business partners, Apps Change Delivery teams etc. to align change initiatives with the long-term vision and strategy, integral to the overall IT demand management process
- Provide domain specific architecture stewardship, leading, maintaining and leveraging the enterprise solutions
- Create/maintain a domain roadmap defining current, near term and future architecture direction (i.e. project portfolio)
- Provide guidance, assistance and communication on architectural designs, definitions and guidelines to software vendors, internal and external project delivery teams, and IT service operations teams
- Lead and work with technical domain EAs (i.e. Integration & Middleware, Data & Analytics, Infrastructure & Technology etc.) to ensure standardization and reuse of IT assets across the entire IT landscape
- Lead and run domain specific Design Authorities, ensuring projects’ adherence to EA roadmap, guidelines and principles
- Manage and further the definition and implementation of the overall EA strategy and framework
- Articulate architecture vision, IT strategies, and trade-offs to stakeholders, including senior leadership & business partners
- Lead delivery of specific enterprise solution services, like selection of IT platforms and aid the creation of solution roadmap for programs and projects during Architecture definition phase
- Define and mature EA processes, such as the EA assurance process, and for leading the integration of these processes with other related business and IT processes
- Lead IT landscape analysis and audit to identify risks and deficiencies and recommend solutions
- Ensure architectural consistency, alignment and sustainability across the IT landscape by collaborating with and guiding Application change delivery, Services operations, PMO, 3rd party SIs, software vendors and technology services teams
- Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, IT Management or comparable technology / engineering discipline
- 12+ years of industry experience, preferably handling Solution Architecture roles in complex organization(s), of which at least 2-3 years should ideally be fulfilling Enterprise Solutions aligned with the given domain of responsibility
- Previous implementation experience of IBM Sterling Order Management, and an Ecommerce platform like Magento, SAP Hybris or IBM WebSphere, mCommerce platform experience is highly desirable
- Certification in a popular EA framework (e.g. TOGAF or Zachman) is desirable
- Exposure of an EA tool (e.g. Software AG Alfabet, Sparx EA, Mega Hopex) is desirable
- Experience of Retail industry is desirable and client-side lead consulting/advisory experience will be an advantage
- Specialism in given domains, but good understanding of other business domains too from a big picture standpoint
- Familiarity with Systems Delivery Lifecycle concepts and ITIL framework
- People management experience to manage 1 or more direct reports
- Additional training or certification in organization change management is considered an advantage
- Highly customer-focused and collaborative having excellent communication (written and verbal), documentation and presentation skills
- Passion and expertise to solve complex enterprise problems through simple and extensible designs
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them
- Experience and knowledge of cloud-enabled services/applications
- Good knowledge and awareness on technology and IT vendor trends, directions and roadmaps
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend