Warehouse Manager - Logistics - Jordan
Job no: 2860146
Jordan Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
Responsible for managing the entire Warehouse operations including the Warehouse teams, visitor controls, safety and security. Receive process and dispatch merchandise to stores.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Manage a team including workload, motivation, training and appraisals.
- Motivate own team to increase productivity.
- Ensure transparent communication.
- Escalate issues to Line Manager as and when necessary.
- Ensure Supervision and Leadership to the team.
- Inform/guide Employees on performance and company policies and procedures.
- Appraise Employees and monitor performance against set goals. Identify development needs
- and potential in order to assign appropriate job functions to develop them.
- Follow up on Employee welfare issues.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and well-organised Distribution Centre, conducting daily
- inspection checks of areas.
- Carry out Employee searches on arrival and departure.
- Keep Manager updated on day to day matters. Advise on Employee and staffing
- problems and recommend resourcing levels to Manager.
- Plan and manage the stock take process.
- Provide details of worked hours per task per shift and performance.
- Obtain information from Shipping Department on incoming shipments.
- Plan and co-ordinate weekly and daily work processes with Shift Manager.
- Co-ordinate new launches and necessary allocations with Merchandisers.
- Ensure workload is completed as planned.
- Ensure that all Distribution Centre Departments receive and process daily picking and store
- Co-ordinate processes with Shift Manager.
- Ensure that all controls and checks are in place.
- Check that all reports are correct.
- Control operational spend in conjunction with Operation Support Manager/ Distribution
- Operations Manager.
- Co-ordinate stock takes and cycle counts.
- Ensure housekeeping and safety standards are maintained.
- Maintain tight security measures to avoid shrinkage in line with company targets.
- Ensure that Employees are trained and familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict but fair discipline.
- Promote staff development and conduct regular appraisals.
- Interviews and hire Employees when approved.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Assist in budgeting processes.
- Secondary School Education; Diploma or higher qualification desirable.
- Minimum 6 years Warehouse/ Distribution Centre experience at a Supervisory / Management level.
- PC literate
- Communication (English/Arabic)
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Jordan Daylight Time
Application close: Jordan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend