Business Finance Manager - Finance - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6713
Kuwait Head Office
Our multi-disciplined finance teams support and improve business performance while maintaining effective and robust control. We have teams working within our retail divisions; reviewing financial performance, identifying trends, spotting opportunities and supporting business planning and decision making. In our Central Finance Team, business performance is recorded, reported and analyzed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Finance staff also play an active role in the review and enhancement of business processes and technology usage.
Work in conjunction with the Business Director & Management Accountants to drive the annual Business Planning/ budgeting process. Ensure that the targets set within the Budgets are realistic, stretched, & reflect actual Business potentials.
Facilitate the development of a strategic Business Plan for the Division, which includes long-term developments, investments & projects envisaged in the next 3- 5 years. Monitor on-going performance to track & report achievements.
Highlight variances & advise the brand on various preventive measures & corrective actions & reinforcements, if required. Undertake decision-support analyses to facilitate various business decisions.
* Build qualified annual Business Plan based on detailed analysis of previous & forecasted business performance
* Work in conjunction with Senior BMs, RDMs and/ or Business Managers to build annual Business Plan based on previous, current & forecasted financial performance & market information
* Assess performance results for accuracy & use information to interpret & build models for future performance
* Identify critical success factors & the Key performance indicators for the business
* Provide financial & strategic advice to President and Senior Management
* Re-forecasts profit expectations with the Management accounts team to highlight most-probable performance on a periodic basis
* Deliver feedback & coaching to the Division where necessary
* Report lagging & leading performance indicators to highlight performance issues & concerns for the Business Managers in order for them to act quickly & appropriately
* Degree in Finance, MBA with major in Finance preferred
* 5-7 years Management accounting or Financial Analysis experience within retail or FMCG business
* Commercial / analytical tools
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend