Release Manager - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6544
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
A Release Manager typically is responsible for undertaking and leading change and release management activities within the Service Delivery team, in accordance with industry best practice and focus on delivering the Change, Release and Deployment Management processes.
The primary goal of a Release Manager (RM) is to protect and manage the movement of releases through the build, test, and production environments. The RM ensures there’s a proper structure in place to allow the company to scale efficiently.
The RM needs to interface and communicate with test managers, development managers, IT operations, and the PMO on a daily basis.
- 6+ years of experience supporting software development as a release manager, configuration manager, software release engineer, or similar role
- Demonstrated success as a self-starter
- Successful development and implementation of release plans within a software development organization
- Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
- Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release management function.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices.
- 3+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science, GIS, information technology, or a related field, depending on position level
- Proactively, seek business benefits, improve services, resolve Issues and address concerns and conflicts
- Communicate and address risks, constrains, dependencies and facts pertaining to projects
- Look into minimizing the severity, impact and disruption to business services
- Ensure that changes are recorded and then evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner
- Ensure that scheduling decisions are based on Urgency, dependency, Impact and Resources
- Setup and chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and (eCAB) meetings where IT changes will be reviewed, authorized and scheduled
- Respond to the changes while maximizing value and reducing incidents, disruption and re-work
- Develop, deploy and enforce the IT Change and Release Management process across the organization and align with ITIL best practices.
- Implement change management strategy depending on a situational awareness of the detailed change and the groups being affected by the change.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend