Senior Analyst - Logistics & Shipping - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6537
Kuwait Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
As a Senior Analyst for Logistics, you will monitor ongoing performance and business profitability against plan to enable and give direction for corrective action, as well as to optimise ongoing business performance. You will monitor ongoing performance and business profitability against plan to enable/give direction to corrective action/optimise ongoing business performance. You will advise and assist with the planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, modelling and reporting of the Regional Logistics Network and assist in the development of the 3-year strategic Network Plan.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Modelling and providing previous and current information to support operational logistics analysis, as well as the delivery of logistics projects such as process mapping of operational processes and supply chain flows, understanding the operating Alshaya systems and WMS, research into logistics best practice and new innovations, and the creation of new SOPs (when required)
• Managing operational logistics project work to deliver small projects with supervision utilising project methodology, templates, documents, and reporting structures
• Reviewing and analysing respective data collected from various sources to support understanding and decision-making within operations, illustrating results and trends of interpreted data, actively challenging data (when required), and making conclusions for recommendations
• Sourcing and Modelling previous, current, and forecasted operational performance information to assist and enable Operations and Logistics support function management to review performance, as well as to build business plans that optimise trading patterns
• Independently and objectively reviewing plans for business sense (operational continuity, consistency and realism) and providing guidance and direction throughout the approval cycle
• Collaborating with the Regional Logistics Director to review targets against actual operational performance every period, enabling the business to act quickly and appropriately to recognise, develop, and share best practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
You will have:
• Graduate level education, preferably in Logistics or a related discipline
• A minimum of 3 years as a high-performing analyst with experience managing, manipulating, and interpreting data in Microsoft Access and Excel
• Previous logistics and supply chain experience
• Working knowledge of logistics operations
• The ability to communicate clearly and confidently
• Mastery of PowerPoint and Word report formatting.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend