Release Coordinator- IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6545
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
A Release/Service Coordinator typically is responsible for owning the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or system update into the production environment. The role facilitates release meetings and develops the release recommendation and release deployment plan based on input from multiple stakeholders within various portfolio teams. He/she normally would identify priorities, conflicts, dependencies, and risks for the release. Perhaps more importantly, the Release Coordinator ensures that plans are in place to mitigate those risks.
A Release/Service Coordinator confirms the release deployment plan is followed and that all release deliverables (usually in the form of Release Activities) have been completed inline with the release dates and deadlines. Typically we would expect to see release notes, approvals, communications, contact lists and pre and post-release verification activities also managed by the Release Coordinator.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-3 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Experience in information systems, operations environment, systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office knowledge
Release Planning (45%)
- Facilitates release planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of release packages.
- Ensures that issues and risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risk to scope and schedule
- Documents the release recommendation for each release and/or change to production. Includes release scope, schedule, deliverables, and roll back plan.
- Reviews release recommendation with key stakeholders.
- Documents and communicates all changes for a release in release notes which are published to both the internal team and the client.
- Attends change management such as CABs and deployment planning meetings to collect data and information pertaining to the release
Release Management (40%)
- Pursues IT and Project compliance with release acceptance criteria.
- Provides outage information and fills out service level agreement blackout request.
- Coordinates and schedules key change to production activities. This includes the tracking of all elements with team leads as the project moves through testing regions into production. Accommodates a flexible schedule as most releases occur outside of regular business hours.
- Supports release execution by monitoring of each phase of the release. Validates the release as it progresses thru various release gates and test phases, alerts appropriate stakeholders of any errors or issues that need to be addressed.
- Provides release coordination and communication during and after deployment.
- Creates requests for change (RFC to production) and obtains appropriate approvals.
- Facilitates emergency releases from production incident identification to incident closure after release.
- Verifies capture of customer acceptance/signoff on deliverables.
Release Standards and Processes (10%)
- Identifies opportunities to make tactical improvements to the release management process.
- Maintains documentation of all processes.
- Collects feedback from the users of release management standards and identifies the need to modify or retire a standard based on the feedback.
- Integrates the release process with other IT processes including ITSM and Waterfall/Agile processes.
- Works closely with Change and Configuration Management team of the ITSM Unit to stay current on all change, configuration and internal controls standards and processes.
Test Environment Coordination (5%)
- Strictly manages timing and coordination of test runs with competing projects and client stakeholders sharing pre-production test environments.
- Manages overall non-production environment usage, configuration, and scheduling of the different test environments for each release.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend