Senior Audit Manager (Operational Risk) - Internal Audit - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6239
Kuwait Head Office
Our Internal Audit Team tests the adequacy of accounting, operational and technology controls across all divisions and functions ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulations. The team consists of audit professionals focusing on financial, operational and technology audit activities. The audits for the year are scheduled, based on risk assessments and management requests. These audits work across brands and regions giving the team exposure to a number of sectors and a large variety of audit scopes and objectives. The output of our audit activity is captured in action plans and recommendations that form the basis of business improvements and initiatives.
To ensure the operational effectiveness of our business across MENA our internal audit team ensure compliance and mitigate risk across financial and technical areas. Our business is diverse and working in internal audit with Alshaya provides exposure to various business functions and brands.
In this senior role you will be accountable for delivering the annual audit plan for your designated region and managing a team of field-based Auditors and Audit staff. This is a hands-on leadership role requiring travel to support large projects or significant audits in different countries across MENA.
If you already have extensive audit experience across multiple sites then this opportunity will see you further develop your leadership capabilities in a business that is one of the region's leaders in retail.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
Identify and Address areas within Audit to improve/achieve strategy.
- Identify needs to invest in manpower or technology, to enable the Internal Audit Department to provide effective risk coverage to the Business.
- Identify major risks in the Business and helps the Group Internal Audit Manager in drafting the Annual Audit Plan and the Strategic Audit Plan.
- Identify opportunities for increasing profit margins or controlling costs through various audit examinations, and ensure that the Company’s assets are adequately protected.
- Carry out and Manage Audit Reviews
- Direct and review audit projects to ensure that these address major risk areas therein, and are completed on a timely basis, in accordance with departmental standards and the audit program.
- Perform or lead complex / sensitive Audit reviews or special reviews / investigations.
- Manage and provide professional guidance / supervision to Audit Employees, on a continuous basis.
Provide feedback to Senior Management
- Makes oral or written presentations to management on conclusion of an Audit review or on a periodic basis, discussing deficiencies and recommending ways to improve and obtain management agreement to take corrective actions.
- Produces well drafted Audit reports to communicate Audit observations, their risk and impact, and recommendations to resolve the deficiencies noted, to management.
- Perform different consulting activities and acts as a bridge between the Internal Audit
- Department and various Functions to enable them to achieve their respective Business objectives.
- Relevant business / accounting degree
- Mandatory Professional accounting / auditing qualification required i.e. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA
- Minimum of 12 years relevant audit experience, with 5 years in supervisory capacity
- MENA or GCC audit experience is an advantage
- Retail or Big 4 background preferred
- Effective Communication
- Management skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical skills
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend