Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
The Business Analyst (BA) will act as an objective but informed party within Phoenix, with their key purpose being to bring business process clarity between all key stakeholders and delivery team members.
They will help identify, understand & translate business requirements into business processes, working as a key liaison between I.T and our business teams. Facilitating business process discussions & producing the associated documentation, as well as tracking key process decisions that have been made.
The BA will support stakeholders in validating that solutions meet their business purpose, where possible getting involved in projects from the early High Level Design stage, through to supporting the transition process to business as usual.
Working with the Process Transformation Manager and Change Management Office, IT BPs and business teams, they will own the definition, analysis, delivery and maintenance of business process documentation.
In addition to supporting project-level activities, the BA will also be responsible for identifying cross-project/domain business process dependencies, risks and/or issues and highlighting cross-functional process changes and impacts on the business.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
• Gather/validate and understand business requirements, feeding these into the development of business process material
• Prepare for, facilitate and follow up on business process workshops, liaising with vendors and business teams to build process material
• Support or lead as required, on the delivery of business process related discussions
• Represent the business and the business needs/requirements, when working with IT teams, to ensure business process design is optimised
• Review the Change Management Office Process & People Impact Assessments as inputs and reference into the business process design workshops and discussions
• Create, review & own Business Architecture documentation; business process maps, activity diagrams, use stories and data flows to help define business process change
• Identify and highlight to the team, any key process risks and/or issues discovered during these activities
• Attend Business Process Governance and update meetings, to review, provide updates or escalate items identified from process discussions
• Own the timely scheduling & execution of discussions, workshops, required meetings for their given process area(s), working with Change Management and the relevant IT BP(s), to ensure visibility and co-ordination of activities
Performance will be assessed according to the Change Management & Process Transformation levels
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Social Sciences, Languages, or IT; graduate degree preferred
• Certified in one or more Project disciplines: Business Analysis, Process Engineering, Value Analysis, Project Management, PROSCI, Agile Methodology, Lean, Six Sigma, Data Science, etc.
• Certified in one or more package software disciplines (optional)
• Certified in one or more industry disciplines: Retail, I.T, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Digital, etc.
• Experience of working within one of the Domain / project areas, ideally with both IT and business knowledge of that area
• Familiar with business analysis methodology, business process definition and associated documentation, project delivery phases and programme/project governance
• Used to working in a complex operating environment within a business undergoing transformational technology enabled business change
• Understanding of End to End Change Management and/or Business Process Architecture
• Experience of working in a pressured, time-bound project environment
• Experience of working within a customer orientated function and supporting transformation within this area
• Proven experience in working with a variety of stakeholders from different organisational levels and functions to achieve successful project outcomes
• Retail or service sector experience preferred
• Exposure to embedding culture change
• Strong across the Microsoft office suite, incl. MS Visio
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Efficient content capture - ability to accurately & consistently capture content, particularly business process maps
• Partnering - ability to build productive working relationships with key stakeholders & work effectively across multiple teams (e.g. vendors, BPOs, SMEs, IT BPs)
• People orientated – understands how people go through changes and the change process
• Problem solver with root cause identification skills
• Active listening skills and strong influencing skills
• Professional and positive approach
• Diligent with attention to detail
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Good collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated & self-sufficient, but also a team player
• Assertive, adaptable, and creative
• A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer