Head of Enterprise Architecture - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF6261
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
The Head of Enterprise Architecture is a transformational resource that translates business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by creating, communicating, and refining the key insights (requirements, principles, models) that describe Alshaya’s future state, enabling evolution and transformation.
The goal of the Enterprise Architecture team is to improve the organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and agility by delivering business‐aligned future states and roadmaps to achieve the business’ vision.
The EA function plays a role in ensuring that we buy and build solutions which do not only meet strategic business goals, but which also are in line with a “build to maintain” mindset.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Provide clear vision for strategic requirements that span Alshaya, providing models of future state, with roadmaps that steer the implementation of change initiatives that are compliant and secure by design
- Inform and advise business sponsors and their teams, in conjunction with IT Business Partners on strategic and operational opportunities for improvement and develop roadmaps with feasible approaches to achieve them.
- Ensure a holistic approach to the organization’s business vision & IT strategy drawing from EALC format.
- Ensure that architecturally relevant issues within the Alshaya ecosystem of customers, vendor partners, and stakeholders are aired and considered, and that decisions are made and documented in a timely manner.
- Create and collect architectural descriptions for the elements of enterprise strategy, operations, systems and information (data).
- Execute and drive adoption of a light‐weight architectural governance model to ensure that architecturally impactful decisions are not compromised during project lifecycle and implementation. Create and maintain artefacts describing business goals & KPIs, balanced scorecards, strategy on a page.
- Form and lead a team of domain architects to support effective enterprise application and technology transformation, sustainably aligned to the tactical and strategic business requirements.
- Be accountable for collection of Architectural Description (AD) of enterprise elements ( architectural models, architectural patterns, architecture descriptions, and other artifacts etc.).
- Be accountable for ensuring that architecturally relevant (long term) decisions are made, documented, signed off, and then, by governance, adhered to.
- Be responsible for the management of IT technical debt log and the route to reduction and elimination
- Be accountable for management of future state enterprise‐level roadmaps (multi‐year).
- TOGAF qualified with ITIL an advantage
- Working knowledge of application/technologies that include ERP, advanced planning, EPOS, analytics, digital/ECOMM, CRM, cloud/data centre, mobile, networking, SaaS, PaaS and the underlying architectural models, standards and principles
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Familiarity with graphical modelling approaches, tools and model repositories
- In-depth understanding of architecture according to Information Security policies and procedures.
- Technical leadership, guidance, and support in the deployment of complex applications in global distributed computing environments.
- Experience working in matrix organisations within an international organisation.
- Experience working with distributed and offshore IT organisations would be advantageous
- Proven abilities to think in terms of end to end landscape design, consistency, automation, planning, risks, constraints with a passion to secure value from architecture.
- Proven ability to think strategically and to innovate with a passion for emerging next generation technology.
- Excellent knowledge of business change/multi-channel transformation with extensive change management experience to support the same.
- Retail experience would be advantageous
- Highly customer focused
- A mindset of pragmatism and customer centricity applied to decision making
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with top level executives and IT engineering and operations teams.
- Ability to problem solve, influence with excellent networking skills.
- Well structured, delivery focused and driven.
- Strong leadership and management skills
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend