Senior Visual Designer - eCommerce - Kuwait
Job no: MRF5949
Kuwait Head Office
eCommerce is an exciting new support function within Alshaya as the business launches transactional websites for a number of the 75+ brands and 15+ countries within the Alshaya portfolio. The function is rapidly building Alshaya’s multi-channel capability to deliver customers’ choice and convenience when shopping in a number of rapidly growing online emerging markets. The function is split in to 4 key areas – Trading & Merchandising, Operations & Program Management, Design & Content and Digital Marketing.
We are a rapidly growing team of cross functional digital designers working to build, launch and maintain world class eCommerce platforms and digital products within Alshaya’s portfolio of multi-national brands. The design team consists of Interaction designers (UX), Visual Designers (UI) and Front End Developers who work in highly collaborative and agile environments, to take conceptual ideas and turn them into digital experiences that delight customers.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process. You will be designing digital store fronts, building prototypes and crafting production assets. You will be involved in every aspect of the design and development process. You will contribute to high-level strategic decisions and work closely with project managers, business analysts, content strategists and key brand stakeholders.
In addition; you have an eye for detail and take pride in your craft. You possess excellent communications skills and are able to rationalize and articulate your design decisions. You have some experience building responsive websites, native apps and have a broad understanding of front end development.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and tangible experiences
- Craft and prototype digital user interfaces for responsive web and native mobile apps
- Design flows and screens according to best practiced interaction design standards
- Partner with Interaction Designers, Front-End Developers, BA’s, PM’s and content strategists’ on a daily basis
- Work within practical, technical and brand constraints
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and developers in order to continually raise our standards
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- 5+ years digital design experience (in-house, agency or consultancy)
- Some experience designing and deploying responsive websites and native mobile apps
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Design (i.e. Graphic, Vis Coms, Product, HCI or related.
- Extensive working knowledge of industry standard design tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, et al)
- Experience building interactive prototypes (Invision, Origami, Protopie, et al.)
- Fluent in English (Arabic, a bonus)
- Strong online or digital portfolio demonstrating a broad body of work
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload without micro management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and acquire understanding around tools and technologies
- Ability to think at a high level about creative strategy and long term vision
- Ability to work quickly and on multiple tasks at once.
- Passionate about design and technology
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend