Area Manager - Mothercare - KSA CP
Job no: 2669340
Riyadh Head Office
Mothercare has grown from its origins in 1960s Britain into a successful global multi-channel retailer operating in over 50 countries. In 1983 M.H. Alshaya launched its first franchise operation with the brand in Kuwait which was also mothercare's first international store.
Mothercare Alshaya is today a highly successful, ever growing and complex business, operating over 300 stores across the Middle East, North Africa, Russia & Central Europe, from large parenting centres to small hospital stores and an incorporating an integrated e-commerce solution. As a brand we pride ourselves on our customer service, making our stores parent and child-friendly environments, staffed by people who are passionate about our products and services and who can offer knowledgeable unbiased advice. This is especially important for new parents, unversed in the technicalities of products such as baby-feeding equipment, cotbeds, pushchairs and car seats.
Responsible for all store and Employee development, and accountable for visual merchandising in assigned stores. Actively contributes to development of business initiatives relevant to brand projects.
The below key performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Lead store teams to achieve their sales targets shrinkage targets and control operational costs in order to meet the Business Plan.
- Maximise the potential of Store Management and Employees through performance management, coaching, and identifying development opportunities to ensure all stores are staffed correctly including succession planning and on going monitoring of manpower planning.
- Champion the brand in stores and create a two way feedback loop with the brand teams to enhance business performance, including recommendations for promotion or mark down.
- Build external networks to understand market trends and competitor activity that once fed back into central teams allows us to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Contribute to all aspects of business development including new store openings and recommendations for closure. Liaise with internal and external parties to facilitate.
- Ensure internal and external customer service is excellent through brand specific and companywide training initiatives.
- Fully utilise company reporting systems to monitor brand performance and implement corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- English essential Arabic preferred.
- 3 years large store or multisite experience preferred.
Additional role requirements:
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend