Senior Project Manager - Logistics - Kuwait
Job no: MRF4397
Kuwait Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
Accountable for the Project Management component of the Corporate Logistics function from concept to completion in accordance with Company Policy and agreed objectives. Work within approved budget agreed time scale and quality requirements.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements, implement project deliverables and provide project status updates to enable the Logistics Project team to expand into new markets, improve process and systems, onboard new brands through feasibility studies, strategy development, operational support and controlled project management.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Ensure regular communication with all Alshaya Departments and Franchise Partners, and conduct regular and constructive meetings with all third-party service providers engaged in projects
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices. Initiate and maintain key contracts. Manage all processes within one’s own area of expertise in line with company policies and procedures and market guidelines.
- Deliver clearly defined project deliverable on time, to budget, at the agreed quality
- Forecast likely business benefits and track success of project
- Ensure that costs are kept to within budgeted levels, continuously looking for additional savings to maximize bottom line contribution.
- Implement and coach project management methodologies to ensure robust project governance
- Control the scope of the project and formally managing change
- Manage projects within Logistics from concept to completion in accordance with Company
- Policy and agreed objectives.
- Accountable for delivery of cross functional projects through leadership, influence and engagement.
- Accountable for the delivery of multiple projects/programs from inception through implementation, including planning, risk, cost and benefit management.
- An appropriate Business degree essential Experience:
- Must have significant experience of managing complex projects from inception through implementation in challenging environments.
- Background in a senior role within an international shipping, logistics or retail supply chain business (operational management is beneficial but not essential)
- Evidence of strong relationship building skills that enables robust and effective stakeholder management.
- Experience of managing and developing specialist project teams that can operate in matrix environment
- Project Management minimum 10 years’ experience
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend