Technical Support Engineer - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF10247
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Technical Skill Requirement:
- Planning, Designing and implementation of IBM System X Server, System Storage and Blade Center Systems.
- Good knowledge and Experience of Microsoft Windows Server OS (Windows 2008/2012/2016) installation, configuration, upgrades and patches management. Microsoft certification will be an added advantage.
- Implementation and administration of VMWare server infrastructure. VMware certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience on network and server infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Manage development, production Windows servers, applications and enterprise storage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server.
- Knowledge of server build & decommissioning procedures.
- Configure/troubleshoot N/w switches, router, Access points and firewalls
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, SMTP, DHCP and DNS server Management concepts.
- Incident, Problem and Change Management on a RIM environment and familiar with datacenter operations
- Conceptual knowledge of Business continuity and Disaster and recovery procedures.
- Responsible for testing and deployment of changes into the network and server infrastructure
- Responsible for documenting all changes to the system environment
- Good knowledge of processes and tools utilized for system management, problem reporting, change management and support tools.
- Coordinate the planning, installation, testing and maintenance of equipment/products, and the development and implementation of disaster/recovery procedures
- Install/Configure/troubleshoot PCs, Laptops, network printers, scanners, projectors
- Configure/troubleshoot of wireless devices and network infrastructure
- Dynamic, client centric individuals who can manage service delivery with attention to detail
- Rapid Problem identification and solution delivery.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work closely with all employees to facilitate communication of goals, objectives and ideas for process improvement of IT Department.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Committed to Quality and Performance Standards.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend