Technical Support Engineer - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF9485
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in IT support field.
- Handling On-site/Off-site Computer Hardware & Network problems at any point of time.
- Assembling and Installing Point of Sale Systems
- RHCE certification
- Supporting IT certification is an added advantage
- Develop, implement, and maintain Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures
- Strong working experience with LDAP
- Ability to install, configure, customize, and support typical Linux services
- Upgrading and Migrating of Operating systems and Software applications
- Configuring and installing servers RHEL 6/7 or CentOS 6/7
- Handling of Network Designing, Cabling and Installation of the IT infrastructure for proposed stores.
- Experienced on installation & troubleshooting in Linux (L3 level).
- Automation knowledge with Bash scripting or other scripting languages.
- Excellent Knowledge of MySql / SQL
- Must be willing to work on shifts.
Our Ideal candidate qualify the below requirements
- Degree with relevant work experience (3 years and above)
- RHCE certified
- Exposure to Toshiba / IBM POS is an advantage
- Strong network, firewall, and security know-how
- Windows & Linux experience
- Willing to work in shifts (Including weekends).
- Willing to travel extensively as the job involves visiting the stores
- Excellent communication skills
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend