Change Officer - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF8835
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
About: Change Officer handles the details of the change request. Change officer frequently exercise lead" responsibilities based on factors such as location, skill set, troubleshooting skills, difficulty of the change request.
Change officer would perform the day-to-day management of the change request process, like building and reviewing change plans, managing the change implementer, making sure that the change proceeds in a timely fashion, and so on.
Role Requirements :
- 6+ years of experience supporting software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Business Management, preferred
- Able to work well with all levels of professionals in an organization
- Excellent active listening, root cause identification and interpersonal skills
- Good communicator and able to influence people
- Good team player and able to operate independently
- Proficient in flowcharting tools to develop business process flows
- Proficient in spreadsheet tools to analyze data and build reports
- IT Service Management experience, ideally as a certified Change Manager
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes, with experience working with Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management, ideally in a regulated environment
- Technical Project/Program Management experience, IT Operations or Technical Support experience
- Broad experience of IT infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery
Role Responsibilities :
- Gathering appropriate information based on the type of change being investigated
- Associating related CIs, incidents, and services to the change request
- Providing status updates to requesters
- Reviewing change plans and schedules. Planning activities include scheduling the change request, assessing risk and impact, creating plans, defining and sequencing the tasks needed to accomplish the change request, and scheduling people and resources for each task.
- Conducting post-implementation reviews to validate the results of the change request
- Determining requester satisfaction with change request
- Tables all Request for Changes (RFCs) for a Change Advisory Board (CAB) meeting, issues an agenda and circulates all requests for changes to Change Advisory Board members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
- Updates the change log with all progress that occurs, including any actions to correct problems and/or to take opportunities to improve service quality
- Ensure that changes are recorded and then evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled manner
- Reviews all outstanding RFCs
- Analyses change records to determine any trends
- Closes RFCs
- Produces regular management reports
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend