Warehouse Manager - Logistics - Egypt
Job no: 3269493
Egypt Head Office
The Corporate Logistics Team plan, move and control the flow of goods from point of origin to point of consumption across all divisions, markets and brands within Alshaya. Working closely with brand teams to ensure appropriate stock and delivery to store, the team manages a range of complex and diverse activities including shipping, freight, warehouse operations, customs clearance (in-bound and out-bound), compliance and project management.
As one of the Region largest retailers, Alshaya Group relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of our fulfillment centers. We consider each of our regional warehouses to be a well-oiled machine, driven by a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to consumers, we count on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. Currently, we’re seeking a warehouse manager to join our team and manage operations within our Regional fulfilment center in Egypt. This professional multitasker will manage and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities within the warehouse, ensuring quality standards are met at every turn. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. You must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate orders, and track shipping times, ultimately overseeing the fulfillment of millions of product orders every year.
Objectives of this Role
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment center, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
Skills and Qualifications
- 10 + years experience in a warehouse lead role managing employees
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Bilingual (English, Arabic)
- Advanced degree in logistics
- Advanced Computer skills
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise, first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands to customers.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to authentically deliver great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, through to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be. Brands such as Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Advertised: Egypt Standard Time
Application close: Egypt Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend