Senior Business Analyst - IT - Kuwait
Job no: MRF8408
Kuwait Head Office
Alshaya IT is a diverse organisation supporting corporate, warehouse and retail specific IT infrastructure and systems. We have software teams creating and developing in-house applications and product teams optimising and integrating major third party solutions. The rate of growth across divisions and geographies means we are constantly evaluating how we provide robust, scalable and business enabling infrastructure and systems in line with global benchmark standards.
Business Analyst is expected to deliver IT solutions that meet business requirements. Success criteria for the role:
Domain knowledge in Oracle EBS; ability to convert business need or problem to specific and detailed requirements; ability to work as a team to design, configure, build, test and deliver appropriate packaged software or custom developed solution; ability to define and implement process improvements; expertise in documentation, communication, quality assurance, collaboration, stakeholder and time management.
The below Key Performance Areas include but are not limited to:
- Interpret, understand business drivers as stated in business cases or change requests - conceptualize into viable solutions
- As domain consultant, work closely with customers (business users, stakeholders) to extract requirement details, apply subject matter knowledge and domain experience to suggest better practices, convert requirement details to specifications
- Partner with technical analyst to convert specifications into a design and help build a fully configured, tested and deployable solution; own, engage, and support end to end application change delivery; resolve bugs, defects and issues
- Function as a subject matter expert; develop business analyst talent
- Assist ITBPs and ITSMs in effort, cost or value estimates for business cases or change requests; participate in business need discovery sessions, technology assessment, vendor presentations or other initiatives
- Prepare accurate documentation of requirements, specifications, test cases or other areas where documentation is key
- Identify and recommend business process changes and better practices – saving time, cost or effort; convert to solution
- Be a scrum master, solutions architect, QA engineer, trainer, or change delivery manager as needed; demonstrate agile, lean, continuous improvement practices throughout work method; develop capabilities within domains of interest
- Partner internally (IT) with ITBP, ITSM and PMO to ensure change delivery meets or exceeds customer satisfaction
- Partner externally (customer) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, present solutions, evangelize better practices, time management, train users, set and manage delivery expectations
- Partner externally (vendor) with stakeholders at various tiers to discuss requirements, collaborate in solution delivery, manage and report performance, ensure methodology compliance
- Meet KPI targets; support domain leader as backup; actively mentor business analysts
- Discuss or present key subjects in user group sessions; support ITBPs and ITSMs on user adoption as needed
- Performance objectives for the role; Team and Domain KPIs
- IT organizational objectives
- Alshaya corporate objectives
- Knowledge of 1) Oracle EBiz suite : AP, AR, GL, CM, EBiz Tax, FA, PO, Advanced Collections, AGIS, iRec, iSupp and Oracle Fusion Financials like GL, Receivable, Asset Tracking, Payables, Expense Management, CM, Fusion Accounting Hub, BPA Suite and BPP
- Knowledge of retail business drivers, related process and technology trends
- Knowledge of IT best practices; familiarity with IT architecture and service management principles
- Knowledge in both IFRS and GAAP accounting principles
- 6 years as an IT or business analyst with experience in Oracle EBsuite
- >6 years of configuration, support or extension experience in Oracle EBSuite
- >4 years of experience in implementing/deploying leading package software such as Oracle, SAP, Manhattan, Magento, JDA, etc.
- >4 years of experience in developing process and data models, value stream maps, problem statements, solution maps, conducting JAD, RAD, JRP or similar methodology/technique for requirement gathering workshops, agile delivery, etc.
- Experience in the Retail/eCommerce industry
- Customer Facing
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- People management
- Quick learning
- Multi level stakeholder management
- Team development, time management, crisis management
Additional role requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed school of learning; Master degree preferred
- Certified in one or more IT disciplines: Business Analysis, Value Analysis, Service Lifecycle or Management (ITIL), Project Management, TOGAF, Agile Methodology, Lean IT, Six Sigma, Data Science, CSCP, CPIM, etc.
- Certified in one or more technology or application platforms: Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Magento, IBM, JDA, Manhattan, etc – focus on data warehousing, data and decision science
- Certified in Retail industry processes
- Willing to travel to Bangalore and other places as needed
- Willing to be based in Kuwait
Alshaya Group is a dynamic family-owned enterprise which was first established in Kuwait in 1890. With a consistent record of growth and innovation, Alshaya Group is one of the world’s leading brand franchise operators, offering customers an unparalleled choice of well-loved international brands, including: Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, Cos, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Vavavoom, Pottery Barn and KidZania.
Alshaya Group’s portfolio extends across MENA, Russia, Turkey, and Europe, with thousands of stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, as well as a growing online and digital business.
Operating in multiple sectors including Fashion, Food, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment, Alshaya Group colleagues are united by a commitment to delivering great customer service and brand experiences.
Fresh, modern, and relevant, Alshaya’s constantly evolving retail portfolio reflects the choices and lifestyle of its customers. From flagship stores and restaurants in prestige malls, to local coffee shops, drive-thrus and online, Alshaya Group brings customers the brands they love in the places they want to be.
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Application close: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend