Director Group Customer Service
Job no: Ex120
Location: Kuwait City
Kuwait Head Office
Based in Alshaya Group’s head office in Kuwait, the Director - Group Customer Service will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will champion an omni channel, ‘customer first’ mindset across our operations, developing the associated strategy, actions plans & measurement on behalf of Alshaya.
- To embed a ‘customer first’ mentality and ethos across the business. Champion inspire & educate.
- To establish Alshaya’s core Service Quality Standards across all consumer touch points and support individual brands on alignment with host brand standards.
- To lead the development of the Alshaya contact center to deliver global standards of customer service, while also functioning as a profit center.
- To establish an annual business plan for Group Customer Service including monitoring service standards, rewarding and motivating staff, improving complaint management systems, evolving core technology platforms as required and overseeing the budget of the team.
- To oversee and ensure efficient workflow for customer complaints.
- To track measure and report on service standards, contact center activities and field support outcomes.
- To identify gaps within Alshaya`s internal and external customer service offer, then recommend and develop strategic plans from conception to roll out in order to bridge the gaps.
- To support employee engagement; work with HR to support and address employee concerns and grievances.
- To promote Alshaya’s Vision and Values.
- At least 10-15 years’ experience in running a customer experience or customer service function at a leading service business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in areas such as Humanities, Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Communication or Psychology, a higher degree in any of these fields is encouraged.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of how to embed customer first principles across a complex organization.
- Must possess the knowledge and experience of principles and processes for providing excellent customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have the knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes product demonstration, sales techniques.
- Technologically savvy with experience of driving service quality through automation and innovation.
- Must have detailed knowledge of personally running inbound and outbound contact centers.
- Experience of leading major change or transformation programmes.
- Multinational experience would be an advantage.
- A strong and effective influencer, who effectively and passionately champions the customer.
- A charismatic, hands on and high energy individual who leads from the front – collaborative and customer centric.
- Highly emotionally intelligent who can inspire and motivate those around them.
- To source, interpret and drive actions planning based on complex data.
- An inspiring and motivating leader who can recruit, motivate and retain great teams.
- A business leader who can easily engage in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend