Director – Internal Audit (Financial Risk), Kuwait Based
Job no: Ex119
Kuwait Head Office
Based at Alshaya Group head office in Kuwait and reporting into the Senior Vice President – Audit & Asset Protection, the Director – Internal Audit (Financial Risk) will be responsible for developing the Annual Audit Plan for financial risks of the organisation, to identify priorities for the year and ensure its smooth delivery across all operating regions. He/she will provide leadership, promoting and helping the organisation achieve good governance and address future challenges as well as act as a bridge with the business.
- To help the SVP in developing internal audit objectives, specifying the nature & extent of audit activities amongst various functions & regions of the company.
- To support the SVP in establishing departmental standards and to assess and evaluate major risks in the business and develop the Annual Audit Plan and the Strategic Audit Plan for financial risks of the company.
- To ensure that the Annual Audit Plans have contingency built in to contain costs through various audit examinations and they ensure that the company’s assets are adequately protected.
- To develop new methodologies to improve audit process, making it easier to conduct audits and implement recommendations.
- To direct and review audit projects to ensure that the Annual Audit Plan for financial risks is delivered to the business by the financial risks audit team.
- To oversee and provide quality control to the financial risks audit team, to ensure that departmental standards are maintained at all times.
- To perform or lead complex and sensitive audit reviews or special reviews and investigations.
- To act as catalyst for change in the business by ensuring implementation of audit recommendations.
- To review and issue well drafted audit reports to communicate audit observations, their risk and impact and recommendations to resolve the deficiencies note to management.
- To build relationships with leaders across the organisation and understand issues and identify areas of improvement.
- To perform different consulting activities and act as a bridge with different parts of the business in order to achieve their respective business objectives and when required in meeting regulatory requirements.
- To manage, motivate and inspire the team by providing them the information and tools required to meet expectations at personal and corporate level.
- Must hold a Bachelors’ degree in Commerce or equivalent in addition to a professional
- Chartered Accountant / CPA qualification.
- Additional professional Auditing qualifications (CIA, CISA or equivalent) or Certification in
- Risk Management preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant audit experience in public accounting or corporate accounting internal audit department, with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity.
- Significant exposure to Internal Audit best practices is a must.
- High analytical skills and comfortable in managing complexity.
- A confident and effective communicator with very strong presentation skills and excellent command of English (verbal and written).
- An influential, inspirational, proactive and trusted leader.
- A proven track record of delivering success through teamwork.
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised
brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality
experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey,
Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a
consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering
force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare,
Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body
Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently
grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across
multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home
Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people
from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure
destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer
Advertised: Arab Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend